Thread: March 2015 competitions

March 2015 competitions

March again, as always at least two days earlier than you expected. What are we to do this month?
    First the still ongoing LHC Classic challenge, where NeoGen shows such a fine pace that he has climbed three places on the team ladder over the last few days.
    I had to cut one image file, so away with that of LHC, you've seen it for a month now...

February 26 to March 05 - Hurrah for Prof Peter Higgs! LHC Classic Challenge
    The Scottish BOINC Team organizes a challenge in honour of the man with the most famous boson of all: Peter Higgs.

Hurrah for Prof Peter Higgs! LHC Classic Challenge chat and stats page

March 01 to March 06 - Rosetta Flyby Challenge
    BOINCStats may be starting a new classic, now Simap has folded.

Rosetta Flyby Challenge chat and stats page

March 04 to March 08 - Julius Fromm Memorial Race
    ngb:setiteam wants to honour Julius Fromm, a chemist and inventor of a process for making condoms from liquified rubber, by organizing this memorial race.
    The connection with extra-terrestrial intelligence is obvious, but I leave it to your imagination and/or dirty mind.

Julius Fromm Memorial Race chat and stats page

March 06 to March 13 - Binary Cyclops Challenge
    If we write 27 in binary:
    and compare with 2015 (the current year in the usual calendar) in binary:
    we see that both have only one zero, one eye, and that this eye is right in the middle, making each number a palindrome.
    According to OEIS A129868, these symmetrical monsters are called binary cyclops numbers. More about the 27121 prime search can be found here.
    News and infos about the PRPNet client can be found here.
    To take part, you have to activate the following lines in prpclient.ini: server=27:100:1:prpnet.primegrid.com:12006
    Stats will be available at the well known place here.
    Chatter is to be found here.

March 10 to March 14 - CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE IV]
    This challenge issued by the french team CRUNCHERS SANS FRONTIERES will take place every month at varying dates for four days. All teams are welcome Let us take forward the World Community Grid project! And those OET WUs are sure hard to get.....

CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE IV] chat and stats page

March 15 to March 20 - Need For Speed II - NFS Challenge
    SETI.USA comes with a 2nd edition of the "Need for Speed" challenge (remember the first? June 2014)

Need For Speed II - NFS Challenge chat and stats page

March 15 to March 20 - Need For Speed II - NFS Challenge
    From March 15th 07:41:00 UTC until March 20th 07:41:00 UTC we -PrimeGrid- will have a 5 day challenge running SR5.
    More information coming soon here!

March 17 to March 21 - CRUNCHATHLON GPUGRID [MONTHLY RUN - RACE VII]
    This challenge issued by the french team CRUNCHERS SANS FRONTIERES will take place every month at varying dates for four days. All teams are welcome Let us take forward the GPUGRID.net project! Keep crunching for biomedicine and do real science, at home! But do bring a heavy, recent nVidia GPU...

CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE VII] chat and stats page

March 24 to March 31 - B@P POTM
    There's cryptic and there's cryptic, but this one is very cryptic indeed. BOINC@Poland (B@P) organizes an Einstein@Home challenge, which is their Project of the Month (POTM).

B@P POTM chat and stats page
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-01-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Updated with PrimeGrid challenges

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Great round up there Dirk, and I just wish LHC@Home had more WUs... I'm turning my idling machines to BURP since I can't get any more LHC work and am just finishing what I have pending.

You can add to the list the Primegrid's "Solar Eclipse Challenge" on March 15-20th on the SR5-LLR sub-projects.
    It coincides exactly with SETI.USA's Need For Speed II Challenge, so we will be spread thin during that week.

I'll be trying to get my 14e and 15e badges up to silver those days...

6 hours left for the WCG challenge! We have 46 active members that managed 1,524,683 credits over the past seven days

I think we will be sitting with a 5th place spot.