Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Project - Van Der Waerdon Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Hey guys let's see if we can be first team to reach 1M
    With a bit of luck we can reach the 1M in about 10 days at present speed. SETI.USA has taken notice of our speed as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Daniel friended me through the project I then sent a private message asking him to visit our Forum with a link to the introduce yourself link as an added bonus come here first sign. I also mentioned the PM from Vaughan as a friendly gesture I suggested he bring Dad along for a look see. Remember gentlemen he is only in middle school, so he is a youngster is all probably not even 13 yrs of age!
    No response from him yet.

Wow, didn't realise he was that young. He is doing a damned good job mastering the BOINC project admin duties.

NeoGen are you feeling the ground tremble as Dirk approaches? wait till he's within 500 points of you that is when the ground will shakes and you know its just time to step aside and let the man pass you by!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Relax, I'm still some 8,000 credits away....
    and for the first time in my crunching history in a project's top-10!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-23-2015 at 10:53 PM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Oh... so that large dust cloud I saw forming behind me, as I run for my life, is not a sandstorm in the Waerden desert... it's Dirk's Armada about to flatten me like a pancake?
    The only thing that can save me at this point would be the server running out of work.

That one guy from SETI.USA has an incredible fleet pointed towards this project, his output has been steadily growing for the last several days... we got to be on our toes with him.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Oh you mean Zombie. Yup. He's got enough to hassle our team score.

I was going to say watch this fella:
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...=vdw&name=2884
    He's doing a pretty good individual STOMP job last 3 days.
    Last edited by AMDave; 03-24-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Agreed AMDave, yes we are crunching like a banshee at this moment but we are behind a curtain until tomorrow! I am doing what I can at this time, all output is performing as designed. I could do more but then I would need to sit and babysit this machine with kid gloves while it does 25% more work and gets us to Team Rank 1M first but alas, I can't stay awake for the next 5 days or I would be a Zombie! Great Job by everyone, this Team is AWESOME!
    Last edited by Nflight; 03-25-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Let's hear a big round of applause for our newest Team member to join the fray ==> Jason1478963 Welcome to the Team ! ! !

Sorry guys, tried to help by putting a 12 core on the numbers project but can't seem to return a valid result . So far I have 59 invalids, 118 inconclusives, 29 pending, 103 errors, and 0 valid. Even ran memtest which produced zero errors, so I guess it's back to WCG. Is anyone noticing any difference between windows and linux?

P.S. that box is running Mint 13

P.S.S. the 103 errors might be from detaching to update the project url.....
    Last edited by Ramjet; 03-25-2015 at 01:33 AM.

NeoGen, you can go hide behind Ste\/e, but I will find you even if I have to waltz all over the poorboy (pun intended).

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast