Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Project - Van Der Waerdon Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Is anyone noticing any difference between windows and linux?
    Nope, I am not. My four Buntus run as good as my Windows boxen.
    Only the i7 (Win8.1) runs harder than the rest, but the C2Q (Win7) and the i3 (At my son, running Win7) are on the same level of credit as my Quad core FM1's.
    My FM2 (running Lubuntu) is -unexpectedly- slightly better than my FM1's, BTW. My AM1 (Ubuntu) holds its own very well.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-25-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Ramjet - Make sure your connected to the URL www.123numbers.org not the original link that was on the main page. The old link gives out nothing but bad Work units. The new link hardly has any bad ones, go figure!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Upon further investigation, comparing PC's on a single work unit, it appears all the valid results for work I returned were crunched with either Win 7 or Win 8, all the other invalids for the same result came on the linux boxes. Kind of funny seeing the other quorums were crunched by fellow team members. I checked several work units, all had the same result. I guess I'm not sure what I can do on my end other than switch to a windows machine.

I originally had the url listed on the project webpage, but after the errors in the message log I updated it to what they recommended. I believe it was http://www.123numbers.org/

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    NeoGen, you can go hide behind Ste\/e, but I will find you even if I have to waltz all over the poorboy (pun intended).
    Hehe

I honestly don't know how you didn't catch me yet, when I arrived home from work today I was completely expecting to see myself one rank below. Somehow I still have 2,000 credits over you?
    Well... I guess by tomorrow morning when I wake up my spot will have been taken.

Speaking of Ste\/e... try to tip toe around him when you pass by him... he seems to be asleep, so we better not wake him up, or our Team will be in trouble.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Overall success rate is increasing.

Previous measurement of Valid from Total from start was around 28% (IIRC see earlier post)
    Current measurement of Valid from Total from start is now 43%.
    So the current moving average success rate must be much higher.
    This is a good sign.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

NeoGen right now I am showing you are at 66,639 while Dirk is at 66,419. So by the time you arrive home this evening Dirk will have certainly passed you. Please, be careful in not waking the sleeping Giant Poor Boy certainly has the power to usurp all of us in a single bound.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Went over Willy and the Poor Boys like a dream, only to become stuck with AVG claiming the 123numbers executable is infected with an identity theft virus (my C2Q on Win7), my FM2 system suddenly wanting to do FIND, the i7 is out hunting Primes for PrimeGrid, the A8-3820 is doing MalariaControl, the A8-3850 is doing TN-Grid, the A8-3870K is also doing MalariaControl and the AM1 tries its hand on NFS.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-25-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: NSF -> NFS

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    With a bit of luck we can reach the 1M in about 10 days at present speed. SETI.USA has taken notice of our speed as well...
    We're still right on track!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Well... I almost got railroaded by a high speed freight train had I not jumped out of the tracks just in time.

But I'm back on the tracks and keeping the pace right behind you Dirk... I think we will both catch up with Daniel real soon, his output is much lower than I initially expected.

You'd better watch for the SETI.Germany guy AMDave warned us for, KidDoesCrunch. He is about to railroad me and U2...and my error rate has climbed alarmingly.

Edit: KidDoesCrunch passed NeoGen, Dirk and Daniel (in that order) in a matter of a day or two...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-28-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast