Thread: XP x64 Professional....

XP x64 Professional....

Well guys what is my best/cheapest way to get a this onto my computer? All my copies of XP are home edition copies.

Keith

MS is doing a free swap for a short time, and some time soon. If you are going to stay legit, either look at buying pro 32bit now or ask your local store if they will be doing the swaps for MS and if you can do a little deal to upgrade at same time; doubt it due to CD Keys.
    And ask them what the pro 64 will cost later/now.

whatever 64 is at the moment it is available for free. YOu only get 365 days before you have to install it again with a new key but you can get the free.

see here for professiona FREE : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

20 dollars delivery fee to Australia - I didn't bother even checking if that was AUD or USD, I just closed the browser!

Empty,

That is only for 120 day but I think I will go ahead and do that. But when I have to finally get the full version will I have to bite the bullet and get XP Pro for $200?

Vaughan,

That $20 is assuming you have XP Pro right?

The XP Pro I have is less than legit. LOL The only reason for that is that I got sick and tired of calling MS every time I changed a component in my machine and asking for a new verification code. I felt like a criminal everytime I did it so I figured if I felt that way it ought to be justified.

Keith

Keith,
    No. The M$ site asked what location & I entered Australia. It asked for name, address and so on then calculated delivery of 20. I suppose its AUD. It didn't say you had to already own WinXP-Pro. It seems they are giving away a 1 year trial version - "sprat to catch a mackeral" - Marketing ploy :!:

Hallo

I have had one pirate copies of Win XP Pro for a year ago but this copy was not able to upgrade. I got a feeling to disagreeable. I got to a reseller and bought Win XP Home. XP Pro should cost 3.000 Swedish crowns (427 dollar). It was to mush so I paid 1,500 crowns (213 dollar) for XP Home. Then I remove Professional and installed Home and got a clean conscience. Here we have “Antipiratbyrån” (bureau of anti pirates) who is seeking after peoples who have burned a copy of CD’s for games, and Windows products. I know it is likely in the USA and other countries. Here the punishment is very moderate compared with USA where peoples can be in debt of millions of dollar. Here peoples don’t need to go in jail. Instead they must pay 10.000 crowns (1.424.50 dollar).

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Lagu,

Yeah, I understand that. I have a copy of XP Home for all my machines. I just didn't see the point of getting XP Pro since they seemed almost identical.

Keith