Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing the Streams of Nvidia & ATI

Take the FirePro, the Titan X has rotten DP performance. If you want Titan, buy Titan Z.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-13-2015 at 01:41 AM.

I blew a Furball recently, actually the day after Christmas and have been able to limp along in operation ability. But BOINC has really suffered. Now trying to run WCG and will see in the next few days if any work units get completed.

I am going to downsize my dreams of the most powerful and go with a different stream of using less powerful GPU's on one machine. I will also need to upgrade my PS as the one I have is almost too weak to get the job down with one GPU of overpowerful force.

So now you know I am not gone, just crippled momentarily

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Oh! the joys of GPU crunching...make sure your PSU is up to it. I've seen 1400 Watt and higher advised when using GTX1080 cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I am irritated by the lax development of AMD. I like their product but if they are doing nothing but re-naming each new roll out and have done nothing since the 6900 series in new products it might be time to revert to the competition. I am saddened knowing that a company I have supported for more than 10 years is not moving forward. Does anyone else have this same feeling other then I ? So Sad
    doesn't GCN help with the ease of application development? or at least HBM with some projects? (not sure which ones)

this may be more from a gaming POV, but things seemed to just get *started* being interesting with GCN (in some ways). however the only incremental performance increases since GCN1 is a bit frustrating... (and no lower powered Vega successor (yet))

or EVGA-like extendable warranty on AMD side

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Well I priced out my First Nvidia GPU, I have not bought it yet but I am deciding on which one to invest in first. Now to decide where to purchase state GPU, New Egg, Amazon, or Ebay?
    Newegg and "sold and shipped by Amazon" should have the easiest RMAs
    Last edited by plonk420; 01-03-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12