Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Computer help

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=305413
    "Fedora does not provide an equivalent package."
    but it shows you how to do the objdump and find the libs you need

OR you could just install a Linux distro that works like Debian etc.
    I stopped dealing with Fedora's frustrating rpm package dependency nightmare a long time ago, moved back to debian and debian-based distros and my life has been much happier since.
    I have installed Fedora again from time to time to check it out but have never found a reason to leave it installed on any machine.
    Last edited by AMDave; 01-15-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    I have installed Fedora again from time to time to check it out but have never found a reason to leave it installed on any machine.
    I still must have it somewhere on a laid-off IBM Pentium 200MMX....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-15-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    About maxing out Einstein: You did try to change the settings on this page I hope, and not through an app_config.xml file?
    I did use the app_config, is there a disadvantage to doing it this way?

The official Einstein app is configured to run multiple instances, using one GPU, through the page I mentioned.
    You might try and use .33 to run three instances on one GPU and see if that works well.
    Or .5 and see whether it goes better than the app_config.xml.

Default is set to one, so I never messed with it (since I essentially copied the Milkyway app_config and changed a few words) I will try it using project settings and see if I notice any difference.

I have tried it using the settings on the project site, honestly I see no difference in setting it there or in the app_config file. The one thing I did notice is the site defaults to half a core, while I had it set to a quarter core. The extra feeder does give me 5% more utilization of the GPUs, however I do not feel it is worth an entire core for such a small gain, so will be going back to how I had it. Also noticed when using two feeder cores (quad-core system) overall CPU utilization was steady in the 73-76% range, I may try to get a few hundred more megahertz to see if I can't get that 5% gain using just one core.

Your getting the most for your money I would say nice beating the machine to work for you, not you for it! Keep up the good work SuicideCabbage I am impressed.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234