Thread: Movies on DVD disks won't play in new machines

Movies on DVD disks won't play in new machines

When technology began with the evolving CD's then DVD's back in the early 90's I was impressed. The compression was simply awe inspiring yet today I am troubled as I have DVD's I can't play because, the new players will not recognize old disks.

I come to the wisdom of the technology guru's AMDusers Forum because you folks seem to know it all. I want to play these old disks and I don't want to purchase 6 different machines to accomplish this effort. How can I make this work?

Or is there a better way?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

What is it you can't play and what are you using to play it with?
    Sometimes it is just a matter of installing the right codecs...or using the right media player (or enabling the right extensions for your standard media player)
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-04-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Well to answer your question Dirk, I went out and bought DVD players that sit on the table top. It now seems that the best way is to use a computer to operate these DVD players instead of purchasing a fixed box and try them that way. What a waste of money, How many boxes would I have to try and find one that works. Instead use the computer and load the proper Codec to get each DVD to work. Why didn't I think of that, NO Dirk Did, thank you Kind Sir !!!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...