Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New project ATLAS@home

New project ATLAS@home

Atlas @ Home project is now open with new work units. BE WARNED, these work units require a download of 75 mb per WU, or in other words Each. So if you are taxed for excessive downloads this project isn't for you!
    Last edited by Nflight; 01-25-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Seems I saw my standings with this project heading south towards my point of flurry of 1,000. So I decided to give this project some depth and enter in some Work Units all because I am not charged extra for heavy downloads. Each work unit still downloads nearly 50MEG, that's each. But this project is now adding extra coinage for all the work your doing so I will run it up to some higher figures and anyone who would like to come along for the added points values is welcome to join the crowd. There are five of us crunching and we now have a new leader of the Project Maeax is #1.

That's five yesterday, and six 2 days ago (including me), and nine over the last 28 days.
    As there is a vLHC@Home challenge going on (also from CERN, also using vbox) I can't divert extra resources.
    I'm no Maeax, with a seemingly unlimited supply of eight-core FX8370E CPUs that have been nicely parted into 2-core VM cruncers (not to mention his A10-7850K fleet)....
    And he is performing magic with a AMD Turion™ II Neo N54L Dual-Core Processor
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-24-2016 at 11:28 AM.

"There are five of us crunching and we now have a new leader of the Project Maeax is #1. "
    Thanks for heads-up. As SRBase has run out of work pending a planned VM update I can see a project that needs some attention

I've encountered lots of 10 minute 6 seconds errors with this project. I get an error:

Postponed: VM Hypervisor failed to enter an online state in a timely fashion

I have updated the Virtual box to the very latest Windows 64-bit version and installed the extensions.

What is weird is I have 3 machines that don't get the error.

This BOINC game is full of frustrations

My son managed to get the project running under Linux but he says it had to run from "root". Apparently this is not usually a good thing? I guess Windows runs as Administrator.

I am running Atlas from Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Linux Mint, without needing root access. What distro are you using? Arch Linux?
    The most sissy vbox app is RNA, that can't find the VM Hypervisor even when there are instances of both vLHC and Atlas running...

Yes it is Arch Linux.

I installed the new BOINC as preferred and all Atlas and vLHC crashed, uninstalled BOINC and re-installed the old version. Let's see if I can recover! NUTZ
    Last edited by Nflight; 01-25-2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Now thrity minutes later no errors reported Wee :)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Yes it is Arch Linux.
    Can this be of any help?

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Heads-up:
    I just refreshed one of my ATLAS clients and got a new and updated VM image -> ATLAS_vbox_1.45_image.vdi @ 606.71 MB
    So don't be too surprised when it starts downloading
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast