Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February 2016 Competitions

Viewed by your output the remark about '200-core blade server' wasn't bragging
    By the looks of their output, the Poles have a Jason of their own (called Janusz or so)!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-24-2016 at 11:56 PM.

The server is a power hungry 204 core setup. The electric bill that comes with running it is just as astonishing :P The good side of running it is it saves on running the pellet stove and burning through the wood pellet supply. Unfortunately the electric company has become more expensive again or we could have run some of the other machines to help. At least with switching to a 100 percent wind energy supplier I will also be supporting a large block of Wind Energy this month. With WCG and Einstein running at the same time we just about had the neighborhood transformer glowing brighter then the street light.
    Last edited by Jason1478963; 02-25-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    The server is a power hungry 204 core setup. The electric bill that comes with running it is just as astonishing :P
    Server is not running for nought: your efforts on enigma brought you
    when you passed the 50,000 mark (Feb.22),
    when you passed the 100,000 mark (Feb.24) and
    when you passed the 500,000 mark (Feb.25) so far,
    is waiting for you (1,000,000 credits)!

we also fired up a few other machines we had laying around to help take the boinc poland spot. I think they may be banking for a surprise at the end of the race. Its always nice to have more badges

Dirk you may wanna brace yourself as we should be creating more dust in your area. We have started to deplete our work at Enigma to try and catch some betas at WCG. The amount of work we have cached will probably leave you in the dust cloud with Nflight. Sorry about the dust storm guys

You just went over the 1,000,000 credit mark in this challenge alone!

Holy Snap Shot, Jason and Ramjet thanks for all the assistance on this Enigma Project Challenge. This really has the competition wings fluttering. They had no clue we had a powerhouse in our midst!! Jason1478963 you are amazing

It's too bad the Beta release for WCG had to coincide with the Enigma race, we might have been able to catch the SBT, but that's what makes it fun.

I received some Betas for CEP2

Nflight glad we could join the race and help out a bit as it was nice to see the output outside of WCG projects. I really feel bad for those data centers after running this server.

We still have a few of those running and a few that had errors do to file size exceeding the limits set in the app. The BetaHST work units I only received 4 on one machine and I think dad also received a few of these. We are hoping to see more of these next week or the week after and not to far off a new project launch. If you need to reduce the number of cep2 running at once you can put beta11 in your appconfig and then have boinctasks read the appconfig to avoid losing time on these work units with long checkpoints. It sure didn't help the race with all the cores we lost to beta, but it worked out well for me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast