Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: February 2016 Competitions

February 2016 Competitions

February 2016 Competitions: what can we do in a mere 29 days (Yes, it is a leap day year!) ?

February 03 to February 10 - Albert@Home february challenge
    Team Colombia organises a Albert@Home challenge (the beta project for Einstein@Home).

Albert@Home February Challenge chat and stats page

February 04 to February 10 - German Karneval-Race
    ngb:setiteam wants us to have fun with the oldest BOINC project: Seti@Home

German Karneval-Race chat and stats page

February 10 to February 14 - CRUNCHATHLON GPUGRID [MONTHLY RUN - RACE XVIII]
    For the GPU heavies: Crunchers sans frontières have their monthly GPUGrid challenge. Used to be nVidia Double Precision only, but there's now an OpenCL CPU application too. And they have an AMD GPU application....for Windows only.

CRUNCHATHLON GPUGRID XVIII chat and stats page

February 16 to February 20 - CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE XV]
    This monthly challenge, issued by the French team CRUNCHERS SANS FRONTIERES, takes place every month at varying dates for four days. All teams are welcome
    Let's take forward the World Community Grid project! Keep crunching! as they say at http://www.crunchersansfrontieres.org (a little knowledge of French can be useful, comprenez-vous?).

CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE XV] chat and stats page

February 17 to February 24 - SAT@Home february challenge
    Team Colombia -from the Ukraine- likes to keep us bus, now with SAT@Home -also from the Ukraine.

SAT@Home february challenge chat and stats page

Don't forget Primegrid's challenge: Tour de Primes 2016 is on during February.

It is now right there where it belongs! Keep cycling, you're doing fine in the Tour de(s) Primes! Even the Yellow jersey is within your grasp.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-02-2016 at 05:38 PM.

We need Vaughan to sign us up for this Challenge as I am knee deep in the rough pulling out all the stops ! P.S. O I am also cranking on PrimeGrid so there
    Last edited by Nflight; 02-21-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added words

It -Tour de Primes- is not a team challenge, but a project challenge. No need to sign up, just crunch ahead.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-22-2016 at 11:54 AM.

I could stop running Prime Grid and just run Enigma, I wonder if I can work and run the project at the same time. I bet I can't do both

Dirk - The actuality is that is a Team Challenge: How does a team join a team challenge?

The founder of a team can enter a team into a challenge.

The team founder (here on BOINCstats) is the person who is founder of the team in most projects. To check who is the team founder, find your team on the profile pages and go to the profile. The founder is listed on the team profile page.

The team founder has a extra section in his BAM! menu (Team founder) and in that section he will find the Challenges. Once there everything is self explanatory.

The team founder is assigned by an automated process, he can't be set manually! If your team has a separate admin account then create a BAM! account for this admin as you would for a normal user (so same email and password). Include all projects but do not attach hosts to it or use any of the managing functions other than the team functions. It will not link to any stats, only to the team it is a member of and it will show as founder, so your team can participate in challenges.

Gathering/updating user information including founder status is done once a week during the night from Saturday to Sunday! Once a week because it's stressing the project servers.

But the Tour de(s) Primes is not mentioned in BOINCstats, that's why I linked the stats to the PrimeGrid site, as well as the chat page.
    Thanks to my son I now have a golden badge for SOB, he managed to run four of them on his i3-2100 and finish them all, some 210,000 credits....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-22-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I could stop running Prime Grid and just run Enigma, I wonder if I can work and run the project at the same time. I bet I can't do both
    I'm working from the same system I'm running some 40-odd BOINC projects on...but you might require more from your system while working.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-22-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    But the Tour de(s) Primes is not mentioned in BOINCstats, that's why I linked the stats to the PrimeGrid site, as well as the chat page.
    Thanks to my son I now have a golden badge for SOB, he managed to run four of them on his i3-2100 and finish them all, some 210,000 credits....
    That is a huge effort because 17 Or Bust tasks take ages to run. I admit I haven't tried one since the days my old 3GHz Pentium 4 caught fire

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast