Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a spare GPU to throw at Milkyway?

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Anyone have a spare GPU to throw at Milkyway?

Hey guys

I've been on MilkyWay for a few weeks already pushing on with my Radeon HD 7970, making nearly 400K a day, and there' a few more people contributing to it but I suspect they are using CPU's instead of GPUs because the daily points are very low.
    Well, the thing is... there's one team behind us (Ellison Crunchers) only 5M points away from us and slowly closing in each day. They have 1 guy who's pushing just a little bit more than me and the others all combined on our Team.

If anyone got a spare GPU they can throw at this project to keep Ellison Crunchers at bay please join in, I'm trying my best not to lose our current spot on the stats.

My GTX260 died, Windows 10 broke OpenCl 1.1 for my HD 4770, the only 'card' I currently have that can crunch MilkyWay (DP required) is the IGP on my A10-5700 APU...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-17-2016 at 12:27 PM.

I'll see if I can put a GPU on it later today.

I just put a GTX-970 on it. The first unit came back as validation inconclusive............ ????? Anyway I selected all the choices for work units for GPU so we will see how that goes. The other issue is heat....... so again we will see how that goes. :-)

edit: just crunching the milkyway units now, no "n"body. getting fewer inconclusives now.
    Last edited by Brucifer; 03-18-2016 at 12:03 AM.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'll throw some cycles this way.
    I need the ranks :P
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Perhaps I can divert the HD 7790 from the 'fast reaction force' to the A10-5700 system, and place its A8-3850 (plus 8GB RAM) in my (reserve force) ASUS F1A75-M, instead of that mobos present A6-3500. I can then test my HD 7750 in that board to see whether that Graka has died too....The A6-3500 so will end up where it once started: on my ASUS F1A75.

I removed the gtx-970 and replaced it with a gtx-750. gonna have to joggle a few system gpu's around to be able to crunch some stuff I also wanna crunch.

Site Admin
    I don't know if it's really better or just me, but I'm using an app_config.xml to crunch about 10 WUs at a time. It's slower than 1 at a time but I think it's squeezing a bit more of performance out of it.

Site Admin

To make it worse: team Ellison (aka Ellison Crunchers) consists out of thirty-seven people and are active on only five BOINC projects.
    One of their members, just one (Gary Roberts), is active on MilkyWay@Home....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast