Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone have a spare GPU to throw at Milkyway?

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I guess it might be because of the double precision calculations but this project raised the temps of my GPU a handful of degrees Celsius higher than any other project I noticed, even with my AIO liquid cooling rigged on it.

Nflight, do you keep an eye on the temperatures with GPU-z or other software?

After 4 hours of work I can run 36 GPU work units at once, but in order to make it work, I need 4 CPU cores to manage the whole brunt. This raises the heat from the GPU's to nearly 80°C so I am back to running 4 at one time and the Temperature levels off at 57°C which is much nicer.

Since I run CPU cores for another project I need as many CPU cores as GPU cores working as efficiently and effectively as I can muster.

As for observing the Motherboard heat production i Have an Asus brand M/B which already has a built in sensor array, this also tells me which Fans are running and at what speed, plus voltage of around the parameters of the board. All this happened last night so now I am allowing the system to run for 24 hours before I attempt anyother re-configuration to enhance my system. Hopefully I won't blow it up!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I would like to take this moment and say congrats to Paul_AMD for reaching the Top 20 in our Team. That is a feat especially in this Project, Your a rare case NeoGen. If I had just a wee bit more patience I would try and dethrone you, maybe in the future!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    It was a painful trek uphill, I don't know if I'll do another one of those any time soon again. I pretty much ran it all on one single 7970 GPU. But it was worth it

And congrats Paul, you are going up the ranks fast.

Thank you. That bad news is I'll be out of town for a few days so production will fall off until my return. Keep up the good fight!

I just reached out to our newest member who is showing up on our screens, Robert is his nickname on the Team Effort. I am hoping he joins us as I would love for him to share with us details about his Ryzen 7 16 core machine he has running...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123