Thread: Help Stop TB

Help Stop TB

There is a new sub-project in the WCG project called Help Stop TB. The tasks take quite a long time to crunch, I'm finding anywhere from 9 to 17 hours each. Also tasks a scarce so you just have to keep trying and be lucky in picking up some to process. This makes it tedious in trying to get another badge but I guess the cause is good.

Ahhhhh........ sorta like a bait and switch thing. I received an email from them to crunch the TB thing. Only problem is ya gotta crunch whatever they throw at you...... not worth the hassle in my book.

edit: Also it may be runing under boinc but they have their own system over it.
    Last edited by Brucifer; 03-27-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    edit: Also it may be runing under boinc but they have their own system over it.
    Does not sound any different from the previous sub-projects

Under the "My Contribution" tab you can select the black test on blue background button "My Projects". In there you can select the projects you want to run. However, as they are deliberately making the Help Stop TB (HST) tasks scarce (to force you to run other projects){bait and switch tactic} my workaround is to select the check box for just Genome Mysteries and Help Stop TB. Sure you get mainly Genome tasks but occasionally a machine will grab some HST tasks.

Update on time the HST tasks take: on a Q6600 they take at least 24 hours on a faster CPU, an i7-2600k took 19 hours.

I'm only running this project to get another badge.

17.69 hours on a A8-3870K. As I am defending my World-wide subClanks position (#1), I am running this too.
    And I'm a real sucker for badges

you can uncheck the get work from other projects to force only HST tasks. We are doing just the HST tasks and caught the beta mcm that was released at 1200 EST. If your familiar with the settings at WCG they work pretty well. This project is also slightly different for WCG as it uses gromacs for this project.