Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leiden Classical scarce workunits

Leiden Classical scarce workunits

The Leiden Classical project is weird.

I opened up my pharm to grab tasks but only my old I7 950 is successful in getting a full cache of tasks. My more powerful machine either Windows 7 or Linux struggle to get more than 1 task. There seem to be tasks available at the project but they seem really difficult to get.

The other annoying "feature" is the appallingly low points it awards for completed work.

Dirk seeing as it is based at the University in your home town can you visit them and ask them what's up as the admin doesn't visit the message board very often?
    Last edited by vaughan; 04-16-2016 at 04:41 AM.

I will see what I can do, but I can't promise anything, they're a pretty stubborn lot.
    Indeed not an abundance of WUs (20 when I wrote this)

BTW: I've set the project's resource share to 10,000 in order to get my present average of around 1000 credits a day...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Is that you in my rearview mirror vaughan, or are you already trampling over the roof? It's rather busy over here at Leiden Classical, all of a sudden...
    I see you are already on the bonnet
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-31-2016 at 01:22 AM.

Oops sorry Dirk. I hit the anchors too late to stop.

Feel free to pass again

Feel free to continue for any MegaMilestone you want, I'll catch up in a year or so.

I'm changing the battle fleet over to PrimeGrid as there is a Summer Olympics challenge starting soon for The Riesel Problem.

What's the bet that Rebirther suddenly discovers he has Long tasks and Riesel Prime Short tasks available on SRBase once I commit everything to PrimeGrid? I have been waiting weeks to crunch tasks for these two sub-projects so as to reach my 10M target in both and get the complete set of badges.
    Last edited by vaughan; 08-01-2016 at 02:27 PM. Reason: add edit

We have 2.5 days remaining in the PrimeGrid Summer challenge and AMD Users is running a solid 9th position. With some help we can beat The Knights Who Say Ni.

How about we put some CPU cycles on this project for a few days and make them The Knights Who Say F**k What Was That?

Looks like the BOINC manager works against it, cant get any TRP Sieve WU on the box I have devoted to PrimeGrid.
    It is doing a Seventeen-or-Bust ATM...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    check your location preferences: Default, Home etc.
    Under project preferences:
    Add separate preferences for home
    Add separate preferences for school
    Add separate preferences for work
    you could find that either your default is not what you remember it to be OR the host is selected to a location other than default (eg work) which you may have given different preferences to at some time in the past.
    via the link to "Computers on this account" you can then view the "Details" for each host to see the location it is allocated to (bottom of that page)
    I have found this circumstance a few times when returning hosts to projects after a while.
    Last edited by AMDave; 08-03-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I am afraid that SRBase just gets too much priority from the BOINC manager.
    Location for the said box is 'Default' and I had already adjusted my PrimeGrid preferences to take only TRP LLR, PSP Sieve and TRP Sieve.
    I've now set all other projects to 'No new work' -not only on the box, but also in the BAM! accountmanager.

Edit: We just passed KWSN, by the time they've recovered my i7 kicks in.
    Edit2: Looks like they noticed us, time my i7 starts with The Riesel Problem...in about eight hours the first results will come in.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-04-2016 at 01:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast