Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gerasim has work

If you were able to retrieve some CPU WU's you are better than I. I left my CPU's empty overnight and I could shoot myself in the foot for that really bites me where the sun doesn't shine! NO CPU work for me just crunching GPU stuff now for the reason I stopped in all this flurry of GPU work is about to end too: http://gerasim.boinc.ru/users/server_status.aspx With more than 99% of the Work Units completed its back to they're hiding place once more. Or maybe they can make more quicker and be back up sooner than before! Who Knows !!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Gerasim@home is now OFFLINE.... Web Site is not responding....

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Well that is enough of that, for one days work I might reach 3,000 points. For one hour and 32 minutes I produce 4,400 points with Einstein, and at least I understand what Einstein is accomplishing. I still have not figured out what Gerasim is up too! I blew a Bok for that episode but I blew up most of my lead with Trigggl's too. Life is life, accomplish what you can when you can I have started to say!

Go ahead and pass me NeoGen

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'm thinking of stopping Gerasim myself soon, I've noticed that my bandwidth usage has gone way up in these last few days and the only new thing I started crunching was really Gerasim.
    I have to watch myself with a 300Gb/month limit and I'm up to 78% already this month, I'm going to try keeping it just a couple more days to reach the 6 digits club, and then stop it until June.

No ATI WUs at least
    Bring your AMD GPUs, they are releasing ATI specific Workunits!
    There are no ATI specific WU.
    You can choose the device on which you want to calculate WU - ATI GPU, nVidia, or Intel GPU. (page Project Prefs)
    Thank you for helping to improve the gerasim-server.
    Minimal workflow is required for that.

Thank You SerVal for stopping in and giving us the heads up on how Gerasim works!

Quote Originally Posted by SerVal View Post
    There are no ATI specific WU. You can choose the device on which you want to calculate WU - ATI GPU, nVidia, or Intel GPU. (page Project Prefs)
    And when you choose to calculate on an ATI GPU, don't you get ATI GPU WUs? Or is your OpenCL vendor independent and should it even work on a Matrox card, would it support OpenCL?
    In that case it is pointless to indicate what device you want to calculate with, as long as you have an OpenCL capable device.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-29-2016 at 01:36 AM.

And when you choose to calculate on an ATI GPU, don't you get ATI GPU WUs?
    Yes. When the server sends the job, he just said to the Boinc Manager, it is for one of your selected device.

Or is your OpenCL vendor independent and should it even work on a Matrox card, would it support OpenCL?
    OpenCL or CUDA is not required.
    Programm uses Microsoft C++ Accelerated Massive Parallelism (C++ AMP) for heterogeneous hardware.

The tasks have run dry again. Off to Collatz

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast