Thread: catastrophic failure at SoB

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

catastrophic failure at SoB

Hey guys

I noticed my Seventeen-or-Bust client running on a laptop was basically idle for a while, not able to communicate with the server. Upon trying to get to the website it also times out and is unreachable.
    Looking through the web for answers I found the worst possible scenario... we may have lost the non-Boinc part of this project irretrievably
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...83-Server-down

Seventeen-or-Bust will probably carry on through Primegrid, but I still liked the old non-Boinc version and site... I still like to run non-Boinc projects, nowadays they have a certain charm, like audiophiles like the old style vinyl record players.

From what I read on that thread above at this point we can only move on, and keep our hopes of a miracle. Godspeed Seventeen-or-Bust! (Non-Boinc)

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Free-DC probably has the last set of stats from SoB - http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teams&proj=sob

We finished at a respectable 18th out of 580 Teams.
    And I am the only one with work submitted in the past 28 days according to Free-DC stats... man, I was so close to catching Empty5oul!

Whatta shame..... Pretty hard to believe that they didn't keep any off-site backups though....... networking 101....

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Whatta shame..... Pretty hard to believe that they didn't keep any off-site backups though....... networking 101....
    That's so true and there are so many "free" backups around eg Skydrive, Google drive and some of the cloud backups like Backblaze offer free starter packs too.