Thread: Abit NF7-S motherboard

Abit NF7-S motherboard

Does anyone have experience with this motherboard? In one review I read it performed better than Asus A7n8x deluxe.

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/ABIT/NF7-S/

It seems to have the options I want: SATA, LAN, 5.1 sound, supports dual channel memory, USB 2.0, etc
    Comments good or bad welcome.

I haven't used it but the best boards you can get is Abit and Epox. Asus is good though. I don't know if asus still does it but the reason their reviews were so good with the a7v was they were slightly overclocked and overvolted by default. I never really thought about it but wouldn't that mean everyone using an asus board would void the warranty of the cpu?

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Asus was the motherboard I wanted for my pc when I bought it over a year ago. Unfortunately, the store where I bought it was out of stock on the model I wanted, and they gave me a choice. I could wait around 2 weeks for my board to come or I could choose between the ones they had in stock and take the computer home on that same day. I chose an MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU, which I guess it's not so bad, but I knew the Asus one was better.
    I haven't had much of reasons to complain so far. I only wish it could support 166 / 333 MHz Front side bus, that way the cpu upgrading possibility would be much better. According to their website, my board supports Athlons XP up to 2600+. And mine is the 2000+, so I don't have much upgrade possibilities even if I wanted to.
    So, my advice is simple. Besides checking if the motherboard supports all the latest technologies, check if it can support a good range of CPU speeds, so that if in the future you need to upgrade the cpu, you don't have to swap motherboard too.

I have good reviews of the Abit. I have the A7N8X Deluxe and have had no problems, has the options you mentioned and is excellent for overclocking. I was torn between the Asus and the Abit, I chose the Asus mainly from experience, I had the A7V before.

Here is a review - http://www.tomshardware.com/motherbo...ra_400-02.html

MelMcDoogle Guest

spam content removed by AMDave

spam content removed by AMDave
    Last edited by AMDave; 03-11-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Hmm, something fishy about this MelMcDoogle dude ... :P
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

Best board I ever owned.......and still do own.
    Fully featured including Soundstorm, a great overclocking board too.

Only thing to watch out for is a lot of folk had whiny chipset fans and many of these fans failed......easy enough to replace fan with another or a passive chipset cooler though.

Excellent board.

"just thought I'd get this ancient thread back on topic!"
    Last edited by vaio; 03-11-2008 at 08:50 AM.