Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: site maintenance

The Scottish Boinc Team seems unaffected, all is well there. They're not running VBulletin though, but phpBB.
    Planet3DNow! and Seti.Germany both run VBulletin like we and FreeDC, but are unaffected it seems.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-27-2016 at 02:05 PM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Good work Dave, your efforts are greatly appreciated both here at AMD Users and also at Free-DC.

These serial spam bots are pests.
    I second Vaughan here! Amazing work Dave! I wish there was anything we could do to help.
    If you need a helper I'm pretty good at following instructions to the letter and performing repetitive tasks with precision.

I can't tell what's wrong at Free-DC as I don't frequent it very much, but I remember it used to have a main page just like us and now if you try the main www.free-dc.org it will go straight to the forums Activity Stream page. Are they having the same front page issue we are too? Or have they not had that main page for a while and I just didn't notice?

EDIT: forgot to add... I think no one mentioned yet but our Wiki is down too since the beginning of the maintenance. I'm guessing you are working on it too Dave?
    Last edited by NeoGen; 12-30-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Site Admin
    Dave... I'm not sure if this is related, but I thought it was very odd...

amdusers.jpg

If you notice my attached image it shows Jasons last post in a split screen, IE 11 on top half, Edge on bottom half. The bottom half has an anti-virus warning on the WCG signature image. Internet Explorer 11 shows ok, but Windows 10's Edge browser has a sort of anti-virus warning from Avast that is actually embedded in the image, but is only visible on Microsoft's new Edge browser.

I don't have Avast installed on my system, and the message is not even in English so it should not be from my system, so I can't figure out what's going on, is this something on WCG's side?

EDIT: I isolated the image sig link to http://wcgsig.com/108042.gif
    And opening it on IE and MS Edge shows differently, just like above.... very strange.

EDIT 2: Google translating the message says "your copy of Avast expire in 12 days - choose your protection". I double checked once more and my laptop does not have any traces of Avast installed that I can find. I don't have any extensions installed in Edge either.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 12-30-2016 at 04:05 AM.

I would not be surprised when the message leads you to a scam 'Avast' page.

Can we get a button 'share on facebook' on these pages, and can relevant content of facebook also be mentioned here?

Site Admin
    I don't have facebook myself but I used to have a link to our group page but I can't find it anymore. What's the link to our facebook page?

Site Admin

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Apologies. I have been very under the weather for several weeks. Still recovering.
    I think I isolated the way to fix the the CMS, but I held off for fear of making mistakes through the fog of flu and doing damage instead of fixing.
    I really need my test server, restore a copy of the forum and test the solution before doing it on the forum-live.
    My test server PSU went phut! again a few weeks ago during the storms over the holidays. I don't have a spare PSU at the moment.
    Through some DR planning, I do have a standby box for the test server.
    I'll pull them apart in the next few days, swap the primary drive over and see if I can get a test server back online.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Better safe than sorry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast