Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMD has RYZEN!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Wow... that's an impressive difference there, especially taking into account that BIOSes, Operating Systems, and applications are all still being tweaked to better perform with it as we speak.

Keep a close eye on the motherboard manufacturers pages, it seems the Ryzen mobo BIOSes are still under heavy tweaking and getting better.

Gigabyte just has released two boards featuring the A320 Chipset, making (stock speed) Ryzen computing even more affordable:
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-26-2017 at 09:27 AM.

That is a serious increase there Jason, nice job with the improvement!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Site Admin
    Has anyone read the rumors about the possible upcoming X390 chipset?

Oh man.. now that's the stuff I want! Full on Dual CPU mobos, up to 16-core/32-thread Ryzens, Quad channel ECC memory support and a whoooole lot of RAM slots!

And then the new Ryzen beasts with up to 16 cores may run at 3.1GHz (also rumor) (but the TDP is brutal.. between 150W and 180W)
    Last edited by NeoGen; 03-27-2017 at 05:24 AM.

As far as I read up about it the X390 chipset will support a single 'Naples' CPU with 12-cores/24 threads or more and quad-channel RAM, while the X399 chipset is to be found on dual 'Naples boards' with up to two 32-core/64-threads CPUs and octo-channel RAM. If all is well, these two chipset/board combos share the AM44 LGA Socket.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-27-2017 at 12:52 PM.

I think it may be time to scrap the dual cores and quad cores :P
    The power savings may add up enough if this can replace 3 to 4 computers a guy typically runs.
    Last edited by Jason1478963; 03-27-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Please heart be still, as it is quaking and shuttering in its holder in my chest. Oh My, Intel just might be running in circles when this RZ4700 come's out! Holy Cow I am excited, all this news and colorful dramatic descriptions are awesome to project visually. I want to hold it in my hand though, when will that happen I ask?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

My Ryzen 1700 system has failed to launch. It won't boot. Next weekend further troubleshooting required. The cheap ASUS motherboard doesn't have any boot indicator LEDs so we don't get any feedback as to what is wrong. Should have bought a more informative motherboard.

No beep, nothing? From what I read is that you should update the BIOS first before installing any OS and install updated chipset drivers immediately afterwards...
    It seems like some Ryzen boards have gotten a BIOS meant for APUs:
    two different BIOS being shipped. A ver. 0404 and ver. 0502. The ver. 0404 is for the upcoming 7th Gen. APU’s and does not support the Ryzen CPU’s.
    Latest BIOS on the ASUS support site is 0509 for the PRIME B350M-A

This is the list of officially supported DDR4 RAM modules
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-31-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Site Admin
    Sorry to hear vaughan. I hope it's something easy to fix. Sometimes the simplest things are the ones that we don't think of.

Dirk, that is really strange, how can they ship the board with a BIOS that's not compatible? Or worse yet, how are people supposed to know which one they are getting when they buy it?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast