Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8. BOINC Pentathlon

The ATLAS application indeed bears the fancy name
    1.01 (vbox64_mt_mcore_atlas)
    where mt_mcore seems to imply multithread and multicore. The Virtual boxes I have can be manipulated to run on 1 to 8 cores, nothing about threads. Wonder how much threads it would take on the yet-to-be-released 32-core/64-thread Opteron - and how much on a system with two of those CPUs. Should finish quite a bit sooner than those running on our quads...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-12-2017 at 09:08 AM.

I am currently running Einstein and Cosmology. I used a App.config file to cool the heels on Cosmology now only using 6 cores instead of all 8. If your interested in that file I will post it. Also running Einstein is pretty amazing, I am loading up with Pending Work units to the northern part of 100 on pending after just 2 days of working it. If all my calculations are correct I should clear nearly 5K a day on the Cosmology project from here on out! I will be ready for Einstein when we are ready to turn it on full blast!
    Last edited by Nflight; 05-13-2017 at 05:00 AM. Reason: whiskey & grammar don't mix

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Einstein? 14 hours left to crunch as of now
    A little under 7h:30m hours left now
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-13-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Fabulous work, well done. We probably could have done with some more people helping out but we are not done yet.

We made it into 22 place, way to go Team Effort!

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    Fabulous work, well done. We probably could have done with some more people helping out but we are not done yet.
    Nice jump of two places on the last day with Einstein! Three projects to go: Yoyo, LHC and Cosmology
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-14-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Not enough points (as in Cobblestones) in running either Yoyo or LHC so I have backed off on this Pentathlon and concentrating on other targets now. I might leave a machine or two on them just to trickle up some points but some of these projects chosen this year are pretty stingy payers.

Is the German term correct - Geizig?

3 days left on the Swimming (LHC) event. We were doing quite well to start with, climbing up from 22nd place to 18th or 19th I think, but have dropped back to 22nd again now. I've got all but one of my CPUs going full whack for this, and the other is just finishing off my last Einstein task then that will switch to LHC as well. I know it won't make much difference, but I want us to beat UK BOINC Team just for the hell of it.

https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...?challengeid=4

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Not enough points (as in Cobblestones) in running either Yoyo or LHC so I have backed off on this Pentathlon and concentrating on other targets now. I might leave a machine or two on them just to trickle up some points but some of these projects chosen this year are pretty stingy payers. Is the German term correct - Geizig?
    On German Chris is our subject matter expert, but it may very well fit your description.
    BTW: Yoyo had turned off the Database Dump to the stats sites to be able to validate quicker...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-16-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast