Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8. BOINC Pentathlon

If only it was winter, I say this as I am running six Duchamp work units and one ferocious GPU on Einstein. I have the A/C feeding directly into the incoming air inlet of the computer to keep her cool, lots of duct work and painters tape as not to hurt the wood work!

I have extra heat for sale, come and get it, free to a good home!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Better run Cosmology instead of Duchamp, we're losing ground in the marathon event...

Anyone familiar with LHC, I am having a huge range of runtimes on units, anywhere from a few seconds to a few minuets, to several hours. They don't say error, is this normal for this project? I have never ran it before, but before I set and forget I want to make sure all is well on my end.

Well am having a problem in that my pc keeps shutting down. Running only 6 out of the 8 cores , cosmology is using 5 and einstein is using the 6th. Frustrated, dont know if its a heat issue or something else.

Some of the LHC@Home subprojects take a full 24 hours to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    Well am having a problem in that my pc keeps shutting down. Running only 6 out of the 8 cores , cosmology is using 5 and einstein is using the 6th. Frustrated, dont know if its a heat issue or something else.
    Keep a temperature utility running alongside to see whether that's the case. And a task manager might come in handy too. It just might be a shortage of available RAM.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-11-2017 at 10:12 PM.

I figured out what I needed to know to change the aspects and now am running only six of my eight cores, yea!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Do any of the LHC sub-projects support multi-threading?

LHC is very heavily into Virtual Boxing. I do not know if that -multi threading- is already a feature of Virtual machines too. Would get very meta physical if it did.

It looks like ATLAS uses all cores on one task. I'm getting some computation errors after 12 seconds on the LHCb tasks. Six track are OK.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast