Thread: Big change in GoofyxGrid@Home

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Big change in GoofyxGrid@Home

Big change in GoofyxGrid@Home
    In next 1-2 weeks there will be a big change in GoofyxGrid@home because of merging with GCC (Grid Computing Center).
    GoofyxGrid@home will finish acctual existens and will appear as sub-project in GCC.

More info soon... 12 Apr 2017, 9:04:51 UTC
    From bits and pieces I read it seems to be moving to http://gridcomputingcenter.org and they already work with a few projects.
    Hopefully the changes will be minimal and we won't have to remove and reattach project.

From what I am reading it's a complete mess up till now

I have completed two work units so far, I have two more working at this time. The project is live once again folks!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Been time traveling? Goofyx Server Status
    Or have they a new url? Yepperdepep no need to make a new account, just detach and re-attach, using http://boinc.gridcomputingcenter.org/
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Different URL kemosabe, that was the old and in with the new!

Warning their NCI work units are actually full strength work units, they have them backwards again, like the last project. They are confused souls !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Warning their NCI work units are actually full strength work units, they have them backwards again, like the last project. They are confused souls !!!
    All your results say (NCI) http://boinc.gridcomputingcenter.org...php?hostid=201

They may say NCI but they take up a full core of my computer chipset.

With me that behaviour only occurs on my i7, that runs 7 PrimeGrid WUs, 1 Wuprop (nci), 1 Einstein (on the IGP), 1 Bitcoin Utopia (via an USB stick ASIC) and four Goofyx WUs at the moment.
    The rest has its usual load, plus four Goofyx WUs. Those of us that experience failures on their Linux boxes mentioning libcurl.so.4 may be helped installing libcurl3

sudo apt-get install libcurl3:i386
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-10-2017 at 06:08 PM.

I saw Euphoriabuzz passed me on this project and thought I would try it even though it ruined my computer back in June. Well soon after downloading the exe file my virus program ran up alerts telling me the same thing I had last time which was a trojan had been placed into quarentine. There is a data file attached to this program that is alarming. after it took over my system back in June and had me basically limping for 3 weeks I suggest you becareful and watch what is being sent through your comm links. I am still not going to run this program till someone sees what i see.