Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: SETI@Home Wow Event 2017

we're now 120k ahead of [H]ard|OCP...will we breach the 4 million credit mark in the last day?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-27-2017 at 10:46 PM.

I want to thank everyone for participating in the SETI-Germany Race and staying the distance of this very long race. It looks like we will achieve #17th Place by the end of the Race which ends in 26 hours. Thank you, one and All

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I want to thank everyone for participating in the SETI-Germany Race and staying the distance of this very long race. It looks like we will achieve #17th Place by the end of the Race which ends in 26 hours. Thank you, one and All
    Only five hours to go, and a comfortable 420k lead compared with #18, [H]ard|OCP...

Maybe our Record of participation can somehow correspond with this new discovery into outer space communication:

Regardless of FRB 121102’s ultimate source, when the recently detected pulses left their host galaxy, our solar system was less than 2 billion years old, noted Steve Croft, a Breakthrough Listen astronomer at UC Berkeley. Life on Earth consisted only of single-celled organisms; it would be another billion years before even the simplest multi-cellular life began to evolve.

With a bit of luck they have progressed even further since. With less luck they've become extinct in the meanwhile. Still, it is something that may be -or may have been- out there...

My GPU is now acting up and causing serious noise coming from the 3 fans. I took it offline and disassembled the system and blew out lots of dust. I also took the GPU off-line from crunching any SETI for nearly 40 minutes before turning it back to crunching. It has been nearly an hour with no screeching chipmunks telling me the fans are having difficulty. I am hoping to stop by alocal computer shop and pick upp some grease for the fans before I lose the the expensive GPU.

Yes Nflight keep the dust away. I use one of these X3 Hurricanes.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...ss-air-system/

I am back after hordes of fans replaced, and a filtration system installed. 8 days offline

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789