Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SETI@Home Wow Event 2017

IN every competition I have never seen Vaughan come in last, I am sure he will fulfill us with HOPE and come out swinging. Although everyone must know he is on the other side of the planet so his sleep time and awake time means he just comes in a little behind everyone else. I am sure he will gather steam and shoot up the ranks. But this is the first time ever that he hasn't started near the top ranks on any competition and stayed there.
    I know he will not disappoint us and surge up and surprise even the whole competition. Let's hope he becomes aware he is in LAST PLACE !!

After uploading last night most of my holding WU's were assimilated. While this morning almost all my WU's are pending status. Since last night after analyzing the figures on what I left and went to sleep finally I have nearly 80 WU's rolled to pending status as soon as they were completed and remain there. Lots of work completed since 30 minutes after the start of the race/competition, yet almost all my work is on hold. It can't stay there forever so I figure on timeline stats of time to roll into qualified completion that should occur in 3 days. which means another boost for the Team effort. GO TEAM !!!

And all this I could have just made a new post...
    Last edited by Nflight; 08-15-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added comments about pending validation

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I think we broke SETI !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I think we broke SETI !!
    It just might be their weekly maintenance (fingers crossed)...

It has been nearly 9 hours, they are not available. That is the longest time down for server maintenance I have ever experienced.

I hope they're replacing all CPU's with 32-core EPYCs then -nah, they must change motherboards too then, that's why it takes so long...

It is almost 10 PM, they are back up. Right now I am just hoping I can get WU's. sent finished WU's the download bit is troubling. States there aren't any yet it's showing 10,000's ready

I only got 96 Work Units, but I am going to bed early compared to last night. I will check on it to see if the WU load continues throughout the night...
    Last edited by Nflight; 08-16-2017 at 02:42 AM. Reason: I got WU's to Crunch, YEA

Nice work, as of right now we are 23rd overall, and already surpassed our total for the 2016 challenge.

In the past week, I had the chance over the weekend to invite any Team Member crunching on Seti@home. Cricket0597 had some output and he/she has added themselves to our Team Collective. Lets hope they follow through and come to the forum to introduce themselves too! They are running an AMD Opteron 6320 (with 16 processors) but, they are also running two other projects at the same time.
    Last edited by Nflight; 08-16-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: more stuff

We need JT, Frank, DMMc, Moops, Mac110m and Ciceronian to sign up, they're already crunching Seti right now and are in the team's top-10 of best performers on Seti yesterday...
    AMD Users as team scored 259,012 credits yesterday, only 58,020 of those credits you see in the WOW! event.

Dirk, I sent a Private Message stating those facts over the course of last week and this past weekend. I am but one voice, take your turn draft a letter explaining the situation of the terms of competition and the fact and or even help in guiding those who may not know how a competition works. I will send you my draft to use if you like via email.

Also we passed Seti-USA and are now in 22nd place. To Pass a Team like that means even such an enormous Team of 1,000's of members has difficulty in corraling members to participate. We have 7 members from our tiny team, SETI-USA has 9 members from their large team, I feel overwhelmed we have such involvement. Thank You all for particiapting !!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast