Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SETI@Home Wow Event 2017

I have asked Karmanngaz to join us also, but he is saving his power for the Primegrid challenge due to start soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Dirk, I sent a Private Message stating those facts over the course of last week and this past weekend. I am but one voice, take your turn draft a letter explaining the situation of the terms of competition and the fact and or even help in guiding those who may not know how a competition works. I will send you my draft to use if you like via email.

Also we passed Seti-USA and are now in 22nd place. To Pass a Team like that means even such an enormous Team of 1,000's of members has difficulty in corraling members to participate. We have 7 members from our tiny team, SETI-USA has 9 members from their large team, I feel overwhelmed we have such involvement. Thank You all for particiapting !!
    B Johansson has also joined now, so our team is now 8 members strong. My mail refuses to open, so I haven't read the message yet.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-16-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Dirk check Facebook, I tried sending the document through there. I can also send it via pdf too!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Year Participants Score Position
    We have already passed our scores of 2012, 2016, 2015 and 2013! And we're under full steam (549,807 credits so far -and by now a nine-member strong team), so a new max score is well within reach...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-18-2017 at 12:30 AM.

The team is currently #23 in the rankings after 3 days.

Hat's off to all participants, your doing awesome.

Nice to be part of a Team that participates. Well done all. Evan is fast moving up the ranks and no doubt will overtake me in the next couple of days. It would be great to finish in the top 20 Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul AMD View Post
    The team is currently #23 in the rankings after 3 days.

Hat's off to all participants, your doing awesome.
    And for everybody that is now crunching Seti for the team -we had 29 members active yesterday-: the Wow! Event is organized by Seti.Germany, not through BOINC Stats.
    In order to take part in this team effort you need to register for the event at Seti.Germany providing the name you use for Seti@Home, your Seti@Home account Id and your Zodiac-sign!
    Knipsel.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-18-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Seti@Home Wow! Event 2017

At a quarter of the challenge under way, we've broken our previous best score of 2014 (670,915 credits) and we're now 10 members strong:

Year Participants Score Position
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-18-2017 at 08:23 PM.

If you wondered I was missing from the forums yesterday. I had some work piled on my lap and performed everything in 36 hours straight. I don't normally do that since as you get older in life your body does not react to such injections of non-conforming activity, becomes irregularity to many. I just work till its done is my thought I will tolerate the reactions as they find their way to the surface to frustrate me this weekend. Yes the weeked is here and that is a good thing. I have only had 4 hours sleep and know I have to correspond with many explaining why today's work load will have to be postponed till Saturday, if only it was that easy.

TEAM AMD Users - I am amazed at the participation, yes euphoriabuzz this is greatly appreciated to see such enthusiasm. Let's hope we can really drive our numbers skyward with a few more stragglers coming on board in the latter part of the competition.

Evan Cunningham - Is running a Ryzen 7, (16 Cores) with a GTX 1080 GPU, he is the first cruncher to be able to garner 200 Work Units at a time, because he is running both CPU and GPU on this project, GO Evan !!

Chris Skull - Has just joined our TEAM Effort. That makes 10 members crunching, this is awesome since Chris has a horde of crunchers. How much will he hand over to the effort is hard to say? Than You Chris for joining

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast