Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SETI@Home Wow Event 2017

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Yes Dirk. I switched the GPUs from Primegrid's PPS Sieve to Seti. Last night it dropped to 4.6C here but I didn't need the heater on as I directed the warm air out of my computer room to where I sleep. I'm used to the "white noise" from all the fans whirring.
    You being a big fan of Noctua fans surely helps keeping the noise down I suppose...

That's true but there are lots of them. The GPUs seem to be the noise makers. I think I have retired anything slower than a GTX460 from the GPUs and all the Intel Q6600s are retired now too.

Got to save up for an AMD Threadripper

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    all the Intel Q6600s are retired now too
    You'll need to re-write a few user profiles on the various projects then...
    BTW: How did the Cavium ThunderX plans go?

It's been a great run and lots of fun but I'm going to have to run the caches down, I'm head out of town for a few weeks tomorrow. Keep up the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    Current Team member stats
    All still going well, almost halfway now. But with Paul AMD gone I guess I have to use the real GPUs too now, instead of the IGPs, the CPUs and some low-end cards.
    Or we must rally some more members, like JT and Meshmar. 33 of our members were active on Seti@Home yesterday, 11 of those in the challenge, the other 22 just for the fun of it.

I will also re-install the OS on my Raspberries (they can crunch Seti as well, though it takes some time): 4 out of 5 were bricked when I got back from Thailand. Hopefully the new OS for the Raspi B+ and Raspi 2's (Raspbian Stretch, based upon Debian 9) will prove even better than the old (Raspbian Jessie, based upon Debian 8). For the bricked Raspi 3 I will re-install Ubuntu Mate/ARM. Whether I can get my bricked Cubieboard 4 running again remains to be seen, I may have a bricked PSU there, or even a mobo.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-21-2017 at 07:10 PM.

JT replied to me finally, he has been out of town but does not have enough time to switch over his machines to run the competition. JT is the former 202life, he confirmed that through Private messaging.

Paul AMD = Thank you for all your help, without you we would still be struggling above last place. We hope you enjoyed your stance as #1, and hope in the future we can see your shining face once more leading our Team to greater efforts!
    Last edited by Nflight; 08-21-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

One only has to register (a four click effort), there is no need to 'switch over'! He's cranking them out over the last seven days on a level that only Paul AMD and Vaughan could surpass....
    On the sunny side: We just broke the 2,000,000 credit barrier in this challenge!
    Year Participants Score Position
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-22-2017 at 12:45 AM.

So woke up this morning to find pc had crashed in the night. I have a computational error on one task so dont know if they are related events. Anyway, have lost a nights worth of work. Back on now, fingers crossed it stays ok whilst I am at work. And now a Radeon update also .. tut
    Last edited by euphoriabuzz; 08-22-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Yesterday we had a T-Storm roll through and I lost power for only a few minutes. Back up and possibly missed one work Unit.

Power outage for nearly 2 hours today, no T-storms caused it.
    Last edited by Nflight; 08-22-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Yesterday we had a T-Storm roll through.
    Expecting some storms across UK tonight it is very muggy and humid.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast