[wildlife] new app/type version 0.31 and an update
I've made an update to the application which I'm hoping will allow us to get even better results. Currently we've hit 99.45% on the MNIST dataset, which is actually quite good considering the current version of the application only performs convolutional operations and doesn't do any pooling. Here's a list of some of the best published results on this dataset:

http://rodrigob.github.io/are_we_the...tml#4d4e495354

And that puts is pretty solidly in the middle of the list. The new application now lets EXACT also evolve CNNs with pooling operations, which I'm hoping will bump us even higher up the list. This is pretty exciting as we're evolving the structure of the convolutional neural networks (CNNs) from scratch, and we're getting competitive with some of the best human designed CNNs. Anywho, let me know if you are having any errors with the new v0.31 applications.

On another note, I just returned from this years Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference in Berlin, where I presented a poster on this work. There was quite a bit of interest in this approach so that was really good. I just want to thank everyone again for contributing all your cycles to this work.

More...