Thread: Geekbench - Browse Compute Results & CPU Results & Benchmark Charts

Geekbench - Browse Compute Results & CPU Results & Benchmark Charts

This is one hell of a Web Site, you should click on a few selections and familiarize yourself with what is available to compare your system to others. Just which product is better then everyone eleses. I just finished nearly 2 hours roaming the trenches and learning that I could have done better in my selection of products when I built my current system 3 years ago.
    Last edited by Nflight; 07-25-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I just finished nearly 2 hours roaming the trenches and learning that I could have done better in my selection of products when I built my current system 3 years ago.
    They say hindsight is always 20/20

But really, it's hard to tell what's really the best when you're "in the present" at any specific point in time, it depends mostly on what you need.
    And synthetic benchmarks do give good guidance but they are tricky, sometimes specific situations are not reflected and are opposite to what the benchmarks said.
    I wish the guys at WUProp@Home would refine their data visualizer because they are gathering tons of data from tens of thousands of machines with all kinds of hardware and in all projects, I've tried several times but I can't navigate their structure. I can't figure out for example for Project XYZ what's the best GPU according to the data they gathered, or for Processor ABC, which projects is it the most efficient. But with all the data they gather it should be simple to filter it in such a way to present it.

Interesting site. I switch off all my crunching and ran the GB4.

Single Core : 4063
    Multi Core : 18218
    GPU : 27868 (20% underclocked)

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 new build, 16GB G.Skill ram, Silent Loop 240 water cooler, M.2 SSD on a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 board, all in a Phantek case.

An early retirement present to myself .
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ototero View Post
    An early retirement present to myself .
    Wow retirement already? Congratulations! I'm still far from it but I'd love to have the retired life myself.
    What do you plan to do with all the spare time?