Thread: PrimeGrid News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

AP26 Found!
    On 5 September 2017, 08:23:41 UTC, PrimeGrid’s AP27 Search (Arithmetic Progression of 27 primes) found the progression of 26 primes:48277590120607451+37835074*23#*n for n=0..25It is the 7th known AP26 known to exist, and the fourth found at PrimeGrid.The discovery was made by Bruce E. Slade (Remix1943) of the United States using a NVIDIA GTX 970 GPU in an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 @ 3.70GHz CPU with 16GB RAM, running Microsoft Windows 10 Core Edition. This computer took about 41 minutes to process the task (each task tests 100 progression differences of 10 shifts each). Bruce is a member of the Aggie The Pew team. The progression was verified on 5 September 2017 19:34:24 UTC, by Axel Schneider (axels) of Germany using an NVIDIA GTX 680 GPU on an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Q9400 CPU @ 2.66GHz with 8GB RAM running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. This computer took about 2 hours 6 minutes to process the task. Axel is a member of the SETI.Germany team.For more details, please see the official announcement.

More...

Bruce E. Slade, a.k.a. Brucifer?

Big congrats to Brucifer.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Oooh. Nice catch by the old-fella
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I sent a direct Facebook Messenger to him with no response, and that is unusual. He normally replies in a few minutes if he is home.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

He's down in Oregon relaxing with the wife. :-) Yes Dirk, one and the same. Been into prime hunting since 2008. Back then was mainly with the no primes left behind project. Primarily doing a lot of sieving. Then sort of migrated away and rc5 became my primary effort and crunched abunch of that for multiple teams. However it seems that lots of folks have moved on from that effort to mainly various boinc efforts. AMD gpu's were good on that, noticeably more so than nvidia. But along the line I ended up moving over to nvidia for a project. Now I only have one amd ghost gpu, and it isn't a rocket ship anymore. Chip wise I'm an Intel house. Been finding some primes, but nothing really to write home about until the AP26 came along. While not a prime per se, the ap26 was a nice morale booster. Then I see Vaughan picked up a nice prime. And as far as the old fella goes Dave, you are very correct. Just clocked in at 74 this August passed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Now I only have one amd ghost gpu, and it isn't a rocket ship anymore.
    Don't need no rocket ship: I've verified a prime on the video part of a Socket AM1 Athlon 5350...