Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ramjet Memorial Challenge

I think we should let Jason decide: points or run-time challenge?

I presume All Projects is the preferred setting. I agree with 7 days. Let's start 24th and run to midnight of 31st to complete January.

Jason please send me a PM notification on the forum so I can setup the challenge asap.

Of course summer has brought a hot spell for a few days here in Sydney. 29C today but Monday and Tuesday they predict low 40s
    Last edited by vaughan; 01-23-2021 at 01:20 AM.

At least it is 'winter' on the Northern hemisphere, with temperatures around 5 degrees (Celcius).
    No snow or ice yet...but no cooling problems either for a week of WCG.

I am sorry for the late response. I'm good with what you guys would like to do... runtime on all projects or open pandemic (covid) as many of us have been affected by this monster? I know it is difficult for our southern hemisphere friends to deal with the heat and timing is everything to avoid the hottest days.
    Last edited by Jason1478963; 01-23-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Judged by the impressive line of badges, Ramjet would have liked to crunch all projects.

I have created the Ramjet Memorial 2021 challenge at World Community Grid starts 25th January ends 1st February.
    Invited a bunch of teams and made it an open challenge (all teams can join) and allow late entrants. All projects, run-time based.
    Last edited by vaughan; 01-24-2021 at 04:31 AM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

So far we have these teams enrolled:
    AMD Users
    BOINC@AUSTRALIA
    UK BOINC Team
    Toyama
    Sweden#Crunch
    Level1Techs Team
    Boinc@Lightedtolighten
    Boinc Portugal

Launching the antique computers on this one.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    It would be so good if WCG would have GPU workunits... I have all options open to receive everything including beta test units, but alas, no GPU work seems to come my way.

Also it would be good if WCG updated their stats more often, this 12 hour wait between updates is frustrating.

Great output from Jason who has hit the afterburners - the old blade server must be at full bore.

Personally, after a stifling hot Tuesday where we hit the high 30s that evening our third world power supply grid decided it was my suburb's turn for a blackout. So with the evening temperatures at 35C we had no electricity for 4 hours yet they still charge a dollar a day supply charges. The computers on UPSs shut down gracefully the rest died. Finally when power was restored I found that half the network was down as one of the 24 port stitches was screwed. My son worked out the issue was somehow the machines changed their IP addresses and changed VLANS. He sorted it out yesterday and things are running again as they should be.

It was weird as Alexa was able to control half the house automation but the Philips Hue lighting misbehaved. This took longer to resolve as he discovered that when you say to Alexa "Alexa turn on the kitchen light" Alexa talks to Amazon's servers over the internet and they talk to Phillips servers and then the reply comes to the Hue Bridge to apply the command. Would've been simpler if it happened on the local network instead of involving two external companies servers.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast