Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ramjet Memorial Challenge

Added a few more cores to help hold the lead. I hope we have enough to hold them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    DavidBAM, Scole and Megacruncher from TSBT have come to our aid to keep us in 1st place, the French-speaking Alliance and our German brothers of Planet 3DNow! are making it a close race.
    At the WCG-challenges we hold a firm #2 behind team China.
    A big thanks to all the crunchers who participated in this awesome showing for the ramjet memorial challenge. We would also like to thank other teams members who jumped in to help us maintain our spot as we needed every machine we had on it to hold spots #1 at boincstats and #2 at WCG. A big thanks to Dirk Broer and Vaughn for reminding us to set this up and all the great work they do for AMDUsers and the crunching community. This sure would have made Ramjet happy to see this level of participation at WCG. I am thankful we were able to run a large percentage of his crunching farm for the memorial race 3 years after his passing. The ramjet family sends thanks and appreciation for the great level of participation in this challenge.

Shall we organize a Ramjet Memorial Challenge again this year, or in January? BOINCstats doesn't seem the platform anymore for this, but World Community Grid itself is alive and kicking, challenge wise. Present TN-Grid challenge at BOINCstats has 19 competing teams, Operatiion Equinox Challenge2020 -were we are 7th presently- has 75 competing teams.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-20-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Yes we should plan for this important event on the AMD Users team calendar.

Personally, I'd like to commit my pharm to it but I will be concentrating efforts on the final PrimeGrid race for this year - Great Conjunction Challenge - beginning 21 December 13:22 UTC and ending 31 December 13:22 UTC.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Yes we should plan for this important event on the AMD Users team calendar.

Personally, I'd like to commit my pharm to it but I will be concentrating efforts on the final PrimeGrid race for this year - Great Conjunction Challenge - beginning 21 December 13:22 UTC and ending 31 December 13:22 UTC.
    If we look at the challenge calendar December 2020 is already booked twice, if not trice. Better organize one in a new, hopefully happier, 2021.

I sure appreciate you guys thinking of this challenge. I know January is always a good time for us in the northern hemisphere as we can use all the heat we can get. I'm game for when it works for you guys. It may also give some time for the father in law to get his hands on a 5000 series Ryzen to aid in the challenge and a bit of pharm reorganization for me.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    January of 2021 sounds good... 2020 has been a year!

It more and more feels like next year is going to be amazing, if nothing else just by comparison.

Hi team - we seem to have overlooked this thread so it is time to restart discussion. When can we run the Ramjet Memorial Challenge?

The PrimeGrid challenge is over for January and the whole month of February will find my GPUs dedicated to PrimeGrid but that leaves the CPUs to crunch (provided it isn't as hot as today 36°C at 4pm).

How long do you want to focus on WCG for Ramjet? I think last year was 7 days. I can start any day. From memory we posted it as a WCG Challenge and invited the usual suspects to join and it garnered a good response.

WCG challenges generate lots more teams to join in than the BOINCstats challenges do -the latter seem to go steadily downhill too, occurence-wise.
    Do we make it a credit challenge, or a runtime challenge?

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I need to create a new WCG account, messed up the last one. But that'll take just a few minutes so I'm ready any time too.
    Seven days sounds good.
    I'm old fashioned so I would always prefer credits over runtime, but either one is good.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast