Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramjet Memorial Challenge

Ramjet Memorial Challenge

Weren't we supposed to organise a WCG challenge in the rememberance of Ramjet around this time?

I was thinking i'm running late on all that. What about something like the 12th to the 20th? Is that getting to close to the busy holiday? Is it still cool enough for our southern hemisphere members? It would be nice to make the race at wcg and boincstats if possible. If just one I think boincstats would be better for the stats.

"From December 18th 16:28:00 UTC until December 21st 16:28:00 UTC we (Primegrid) will be having a 3 day challenge running the Proth Prime Search (Sieve) application."
    This is OK as WCG doesn't have a GPU project so it won't interfere.

ps. It is currently reasonably cool in my town (mid 20's C), let's hope it stays that way for this challenge.
    Last edited by vaughan; 12-05-2017 at 09:47 AM.

This sounds good to me. Any other suggestions?

I have created the Ramjet memorial WCG challenge on Boincstats, runs over 7 days commencing Dec 12th.

Thank you vaughan. I may buffer a few work units ahead as I could use some heat.

No problem Jason. I have put some machines on no new work for Primegrid so as to be ready for the Ramjet Memorial Challenge. I figured by the get go I should have 24 cores ready to crunch WCG.
    I will see if I can find some more by the start time.

Come on team, please join in and have some fun.

That sounds good and hope you can keep up :P I'm gonna have more then the last wcg race :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    That sounds good and hope you can keep up :P I'm gonna have more then the last wcg race :P
    I'll see what my little farm can do

We are still 2 days out from the start of the Ramjet memorial challenge and we have 11 teams signed up. That's pretty good I think.

As Founder I have the opportunity to send an email to all AMD Users team members on World Community Grid. Do you think I should use this to publicize the challenge? Jason would you like to write something suitable I can use in a team-wide email. Remember that many people who are signed up for AMD Users in WCG never visit this team site or our Facebook page.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast