Thread: AMD Catalyst News: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition released for Windows. Available

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

AMD Catalyst News: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition released for Windows. Available

Driver version: 17.50.02
    More...

I wished the support for Linux (nowadays left to the OpenSource developers) was better. On the same hardware I get 1600 x 1200 under Windows 10 and 1024 x 768 under Ubuntu 17.10
    (I even have a Lubuntu 16.04 system where I get no higher than 640 x 480! And believe me, I tried)

To continue my rant: the screen resolution I can live with, to a certain point.
    I mainly use the systems for BOINC, and knowing that they run is enough.
    The inability to make good use of the GPU, due to rotten OpenCL support, drives me bonkers though....

It was also disappointing moving up in Linux mint as well as driver support for AMD is worse then Mint 17

Mint 18 is based upon Ubuntu 16.04, more or less, meaning OpenCL support for most cards stops at 1.1 and Cal++/Brook support has gone south.
    I currently use my Mint 18.3 box for Collatz on my HD6670s and the APU. Mind you: Ubuntu 16.04 level video support is better for old cards than 17.10
    If you have older AMD video hardware -basically anything with 'HD'- and it works for you when you use Linux: DO NOT UPGRADE - WAIT FOR A MIRACLE -or just buy new hardware.
    I have high hopes for RavenRidge. I thinks it sucks for my AM1 APUs with their internal HD8400/R3 videocard though. People with R5 and higher/later cards are in the free.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-22-2017 at 11:18 PM.