Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was promoted!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Talking I was promoted!

Hey guys

Almost nobody here talks about their jobs and daily grind, but I figured I'd share a little bit of good news from my end.
    For the last approximately 7 years I've been a Tech Support Technician, which is a very vague position, my tasks ranged everything from cleaning equipment to configuring and managing virtual appliances and everything in-between, but mostly handling day-to-day customers that need help getting their computers running as they should.
    But just a week ago my boss gave me an early Christmas present, and I was officially promoted to Network Administrator!
    So just days before leaving for vacation I wrangled up most of the junk I collected over the years and set myself up on the new location with the guys at the Infrastructure Support team, and have now for 2018 a number of new fun/challenging projects, and a full range of access over the enterprise network.

All this to say, I hope everyone starts off 2018 as well as I am starting! I plan to build myself an Epyc home server this year. I've had the plans in my mind for a long time already but the budget was not available, I think 2018 will be an EPYC year for me.

Congratulations! May 2018 really be EPYC for you...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-29-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Hey Neo, very happy for you!!! :-) Congrats!!

Congratulations NeoGen that is awesome news, Epyc for sure here we go AMD Users we are going to rise to any challenge now!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Congrats on the promotion. I wish you the best and am looking forward to hearing about the server build

Congratulations Neo. I knew you'd crack America eventually. Show 'em how it's done.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    That is great news NeoGen. Congratulations!
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Well done NeoGen, it looks like you put in years of work and it has finally paid dividends. Congratulations on the promotion.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Thanks guys.

Christmas and new year's vacation is gone and I'm back home and to work already again. I hit the ground running of course, and I'm going 100mph trying to catch up with all the stuff that's going on around me. A month ago I thought I was getting too much junk email, now it's on steroids as I was added to all the admin alerts. I'm getting everything from UPS's power fluctuations, to servers acting up, to sensors detecting variations in the server room environment, to VMs low in disk space, and an array of other stuff that I'm not really sure yet. This will be a fun ride!

Like I've always said to my coworkers when hard tasks hit us... "If it was easy it wouldn't be fun"

WTG NeoGen and a Happy 2018 to you xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast