Thread: Radioactive@Home troubles, maps and sensors

Radioactive@Home troubles, maps and sensors

Our four-member strong team has come to a stand-still.
    1. Chris lost his Android cruncher that had the sensor connected,
    2. KarmannGaz upgraded his Linux and lost the ability to crunch the application 'it says there is no app that will run on my Linux box -it is lying',
    3. Euphoriabuzz has detached his PC from the project after coordinate problems on the -no more supported- map,
    4. After disconnecting the sensor in order to place a new fan on my AM1 cooler I get messages saying 'Radac $Rev: 585 $ starting...Could not find any of the devices listed in sensors.xml: Device communication error..........09:50:24 (2280): called boinc_finish'.

• Chris could perhaps choose another computer as the app runs on a surprising number of platforms,
    • KarmannGaz is perhaps helped with this thread, or perhaps a reset of the project in the boinc-client -or both,
    • Euphoriabuzz may erhaps return when a new map is operational,
    • I have hacked the sensors.xml in order to force the app to see my sensor.

I have Radioactive@Home running again. I connected the sensor to another (Windows)system and -pardon my French, a with accent grave (grave accent) comes out as a question mark- voil?: CREDITS ROLLED IN AGAIN!

Really stupid that a mere power down and disconnect of the sensor (CPU needed new cooler) made that the original system couldn't get the sensor running again.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-19-2022 at 12:14 PM.