Thread: PrimeGrid News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

Year of the Dog Challenge starts March 16th 2018 18:00 UTC
    To celebrate the start of Chinese new year, PrimeGrid is hosting a 7 day challenge from March 16th 2018, 18:00 UTC until March 23rd, 18:00 UTC. Work units from the 321 (LLR) project, which are downloaded and completed during the challenge will count towards your challenge score. For more information, questions and chit chat concerning this challenge, please join us in this thread. And as always we hope to see you there and feel free to spread the word.

More...

Well I cocked that one up superbly. Was going away for the weekend so wouldn't be around my computers when the challenge started, so set them going on 321 tasks earlier in the day and left them to it. Got back yesterday to find I'd forgotten to let one machine accept new tasks, so it just finished the one it was doing and was sat idling most of the weekend, and the other one had completed just one, but neither count towards the challenge because they were issued before it started. D'oh!
    Ah well, I've aborted the ones which were issued before it started and will let it do some more for the team points, but I'll be pretty near the bottom of the individuals list on this one. Hrumph.