Make that:
    Rosetta x4
    PrimeGrid x4
    Citizen Science Grid x3
    Asteroids x3
    NumberFields x3
    SETI x2
    NFS Home x1

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Make that:
    Rosetta x4
    PrimeGrid x4
    Citizen Science Grid x3
    Asteroids x3
    NumberFields x3
    SETI x2
    NFS Home x1
    You selected more than four projects!

+1 Rosetta
    +1 Asteroids
    +1 Universe
    +1 NumberFields

Looks like they announced the the marathon project. NumberFields@Home.

Never crunched for them before. Interested to learn about the project and provide some CPU time!

https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/start.php

Same here, though I am not sure how happy I am about it, I am rather set in my ways and my projects ;)

It's been a pretty bad day for me, I brought the battle fleet to full power (can I use Vaughan's term when my fleet is but a Pi compared to his?) to do a full burn test before the start of the Pent. Just a few hours in a pump exploded and started spewing coolant at high-ish pressure all over the place. Thankfully my pumps and radiators are all external so no real damage was done, but I am entering this years Pentathlon a bit gimp.

So do we have, or wish to develop, a strategy this year? In the past it's always seemed to be a fire at will kinda thing, which I am fine with, but I can be a team player if given direction.

I have usually only participated in the August races. This year things are different and I am hoping to be on point and in there all through the complete racing venture. Too, I am limping as I am still having issues with GPU, some projects work others won't state initialization is not accepted, Whatever that means. I am looking foroward to some down right leadership taking hold and instructing us on plans of attack and some insight into build of Work Units if needed if no dual valid crunchers for each work unit etc. Other wise starting the day of the project or shall we load up two or three days of work units then unload all at once at the ponit the race starts, GUIDANCE would be very helpful fo rthose that run tese projects regularly. I don't so guidance is needed. Let's get some real numbers this year lets finish where people know we now have Ryzen installed.

Edit seems I am not the only one with errors = https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...river-397-31-/
    Last edited by Nflight; 04-30-2018 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Link to Nvidia Forum

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

You can download Numberfields tasks now that they have announced it as the marathon CPU 14 days project. They permit bunkering of tasks in the SG-Pentathlon (sort of defeats the purpose of having a 14 day race if you can start 5 days prior, makes it a 19 day race, IMHO).

However, I am having trouble getting any tasks to crunch. I have been slowly adding macines that I noticed didn't have Number fields as a project in Boinc Manager.
    Some machines got tasks with an estimated run time of 4-5 hours but actually completed in a couple of seconds or minutes. Then I cannot get more tasks.

Maybe the Pentathlon has already overloaded the server?

I dunno what the other projects are yet so cannot provide advice.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Some machines got tasks with an estimated run time of 4-5 hours but actually completed in a couple of seconds or minutes. Then I cannot get more tasks.
    I have had similar experiences today, WUs are downloading with an estimated time of 14 hours, but finish in about half of that. Not quite as drastic as 4 hours down to minutes.

So far I have one machine that downloaded, finished, and reported many tasks in just under 20s, all valid. The rest of my machines are running 7-14h per task, but I have noticed that it appears to be limited on the server side to six units per core, so I cannot actually make use of the entire five days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast