Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9. BOINC Pentathlon

I have drawn up about 60 Work Units and almost all of them are finished waiting for the Competition to begin, then I will turn my Network activity back on and upload all the finished work to help kick start the beginning of the race!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

The ninth BOINC Pentathlon has started!

As a reminder, the previously announced projects:
    05 May - 19 May: NumberFields@home (Marathon)
    05 May - 12 May: Universe@Home (Swimming)

The BOINC Pentathlon Overall Standings can be found here: https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...n.php?&lang=en

32 teams are signed up.

About five hours late, but the pump came in and we are once again firing on all cylinders! The grid has been going since the start, but 8 more cores at 5.2Ghz joins the fight!

We're doing fine at the Pentathlon: https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...AMD+Users.html

They have announced the final projects for this year's Pentathlon. Currently we have
    numberfield
    universe
    rosetta
    primegrid
    asteroids

If you wondered how the teams (including AMD Users) voted, this is copied from Seti-Germany's site:

List of project suggestions:

16 votes for Rosetta@home [⇒ chosen for Sprint] (AMD Users, BOINC.Italy, BOINC@AUSTRALIA, BOINC@MIXI, BOINCstats, L'Alliance Francophone, Overclock.net, Planet 3DNow!, Rechenkraft.net, SETI.Germany, SETIKAH@KOREA, Team 2ch, TeAm AnandTech, Team China, USA, [H]ard|OCP)
    14 votes for Asteroids@home [⇒ chosen for City Run] (BOINC.Italy, BOINC@MIXI, Crunching@EVGA, Czech National Team, L'Alliance Francophone, LITOMYSL, Planet 3DNow!, SETI.Bitola, SETI.Germany, SETIKAH@KOREA, Team 2ch, TeAm AnandTech, Team China, Ukraine)
    13 votes for PrimeGrid [⇒ chosen for Cross Country] (AMD Users, BOINC@MIXI, BOINC@Pfalz, BOINCstats, Crunching@EVGA, Czech National Team, LITOMYSL, Planet 3DNow!, SETIKAH@KOREA, Team 2ch, Team China, USA, [H]ard|OCP)
    11 votes for SETI@home [not chosen because another GPU project got more votes] (BOINC.Italy, BOINC@AUSTRALIA, BOINC@Pfalz, SETI.Bitola, SETI.Germany, SETIKAH@KOREA, Team 2ch, TeAm AnandTech, Team China, Ukraine, [H]ard|OCP)
    10 votes for Universe@Home [⇒ chosen for Swimming] (BOINC@MIXI, BOINCstats, L'Alliance Francophone, Overclock.net, Planet 3DNow!, Rechenkraft.net, SETI.Bitola, SETI.Germany, Ukraine, [H]ard|OCP)
    9 votes for Citizen Science Grid (AMD Users, BOINC@AUSTRALIA, Crunching@EVGA, Czech National Team, LITOMYSL, Rechenkraft.net, SETI.Bitola, TeAm AnandTech, Ukraine)
    7 votes for Amicable Numbers (BOINC Confederation, BOINC@AUSTRALIA, L'Alliance Francophone, Overclock.net, Rechenkraft.net, SETI.USA, USA)
    6 votes for RakeSearch (AMD Users, BOINC Confederation, BOINC@Pfalz, Czech National Team, LITOMYSL, SETI.USA)
    5 votes for SRBase (BOINC Confederation, BOINC.Italy, BOINC@Pfalz, Crunching@EVGA, Overclock.net)
    4 votes for NFS@Home (BOINCstats, SETI.USA x2, USA)
    1 vote for YAFU (BOINC Confederation)

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I have drawn up about 60 Work Units and almost all of them are finished waiting for the Competition to begin, then I will turn my Network activity back on and upload all the finished work to help kick start the beginning of the race!
    Why have I never thought of this?

Your welcome for the insight in helping others achieve awesome goals!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123