Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distributed Hardware Evolution Project

Distributed Hardware Evolution Project

Hello I'd just like to announce the Distributed Hardware Evolution project is now live at http://www.dhep.ga if you'd like to get in early with some stats before the other teams ;) ;)

No chance of making it a boinc project?

Bad timing - Seti Germany's BOINC Pentathlon is in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Bad timing - Seti Germany's BOINC Pentathlon is in full swing.
    OK - Until when is this?

By the way if you're installing using the Windows installer you'll need to run it with DHESetup.exe /v"MAXMEM=256" as we're running a large benchmark now.

As to adding to BOINC I'm not sure it's possible to add a cross-platform Java app to BOINC. I've asked at the boinc_projects maling list but they haven't even approved my thread yet!.

Pity it runs as a hidden service. I prefer to see a client that shows what is happening and permits control of how many cores/threads are running. Having just re-installed it on my old laptop it runs all 8 threads and makes it run hot at 81C.

EDIT: It appears there is no way to control it without uninstalling (takes several minutes, much longer than the installation!) and then re-installing with relevant command changes so as to force fewer cores/threads to be used. Specific details for this are in the hosted forum at FreeDC. I have removed it again as I decide what runs on my computers not some *bleep!* service.

The forum is hosted on Free-DC but I don't see this project's stats listed on bok's stats site.
    Last edited by vaughan; 05-15-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    As to adding to BOINC I'm not sure it's possible to add a cross-platform Java app to BOINC. I've asked at the boinc_projects maling list but they haven't even approved my thread yet!.
    Sounds like a virtualbox project to me

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    OK - Until when is this?

By the way if you're installing using the Windows installer you'll need to run it with DHESetup.exe /v"MAXMEM=256" as we're running a large benchmark now.

I'm trying to run it now, just re-installed it with the command line. Will leave it running for a bit and hope it works well

Site Admin
    Oddly, this morning I see mine running on the task manager, several Java processes consuming CPU up to 100% but the website says my island is not active.

Hello everyone,

NeoGen yes your progress was registered for yesterday. You can see the daily rankings here: http://www.dhep.ga/statsdailyrankings.php . Basically your island has been stable for about a week. It might have been a temporary blip as the server was restarted until your client reconnected again.

Vaughan you can run the client in manual mode and get to see all the bells and whistles and also control how many cores are on it at each moment in time. Just follow the "Manual Installation With GUI" section here http://www.dhep.ga/download.php#winnt

Everything's pretty much ready for anyone who'd like to join up and get a head start in the stats. NeoGen's been boldly carrying the flag so far!

Cheers,
    M

Site Admin
    Thanks Michael

Is there any way the stats can be sorted? When I look at the table I can't figure out if I'm going up the ranks or not. We are (mostly) all about competition here.

I'll have to try the manual installation too, I want to see what the bells and whistles are then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast