Thread: crap

crap

Really getting old with M$ and their forced update crap. Woke up this morning to all my win10 systems just sitting spinning their fans.... grrrrrr. I'd switch everything to linux however I'm 100% gpu's right now and linux gpu drivers just aren't to the same point as M$ gpu drivers are. Of course there's the choice of not using gpu's... but I've spent a pretty penny on them and don't care to see them just sit and rot. Besides the fact that my cpu's are mainly just chosen as life support systems for gpu's. So there's some mulling over of choices in my head of what direction to head. On another note, really enjoying Dirk's postings on the ITX related hardware. Nice articles! :-)

Provided your GPU's are recent enough even the Open Source AMD Linux drivers work -at least for Collatz and Einstein...
    Support for nVidia is somewhat better under Ubuntu 18.04.
    I may want to do a roll-back for my AM1 Linux systems as the Windows 10 AM1 system still is able to run OpenCL 2.0, while the Linux systems can't even run OpenCL 1.1 under the most recent Ubuntu versions.
    Their GPU's aren't even detected by BOINC...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-13-2018 at 10:46 PM.

I'm heavily into nvidia cards. only have one older amd card. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    I'm heavily into nvidia cards. only have one older amd card. :-)
    Older AMD and new Linux presently don't mix BOINC-wise -older defined as anything with 'Radeon HD' in the name -and earlier-, up to and including the internal R3 in the AM1 APUs
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-12-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Thanx for the info. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Thanx for the info. :-)
    Wanting to buy/build an affordable AM4 iTX system? Asrock helps: ASRock A320M-ITX

With 8-phase power system (6+2 VRM's clearly visible), support for Ryzen CPU up to 105 Watt TDP (incl. Ryzen 9 3950X), though I'd stick to APUs for this board.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-11-2020 at 11:18 AM.