Thread: PrimeGrid News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

World Cup Challenge
    Kick off for the first World Cup match is almost here, but we've started the Wold Cup Challenge on the SR5 (LLR) project. Come join us and see if you can score a goal!5 day Challenge ends 19th June 2018, 00:00 UTC. Work units which are downloaded and completed during the challenge will count towards your challenge score.For more information, questions and friendly banter, please join us in this thread. May the best team win!

More...

OK time to move the battle fleet to this.

Had a minor glitch as I realized too late that my default setting was for the sub-project The Riesel Problem and it should be Sierpinski / Riesel Base 5 LLR. Once the original WUs get processed the output of SR5s should start showing in the stats.

Currently I've improved from 40th to 20th. Our team effort has improved so we are now ranked 13th. I believe top 10 is achievable.

Today I've added 16 Amazon AWS EC2 instances: c5.2xlarge Xeon Platinum 8124 8 core processors at 3.0 GHz with AVX512. They are running multithreaded under Linux. Previous experience showed that the higher core instances didn't scale correctly so the much pricier CPUs were not fully utilized. I hope the 8 cores run at 100% utilization.

My two Intel Coffee Lake 8700K's complete the SR5 tasks in about 50 minutes in multithreaded configuration.
    My two AMD Ryzen 2700X's complete SR5 tasks in about 3 hours in multithreaded configuration.
    Last edited by vaughan; 06-16-2018 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Update 8700K time per task

Had a minor glitch as I realized too late that my default setting was for the sub-project The Riesel Problem and it should be Sierpinski / Riesel Base 5 LLR. Once the original WUs get processed the output of SR5s should start showing in the stats.

Currently I've improved from 40th to 20th. Our team effort has improved so we are now ranked 13th. I believe top 10 is achievable.

Today I've added 16 Amazon AWS EC2 instances: c5.2xlarge Xeon Platinum 8124 8 core processors at 3.0 GHz with AVX512. They are running multithreaded under Linux. Previous experience showed that the higher core instances didn't scale correctly so the much pricier CPUs were not fully utilized. I hope the 8 cores run at 100% utilization.

My two Intel Coffee Lake 8700K's complete the SR5 tasks in about (EDIT) 54 minutes in multithreaded configuration.
    My two AMD Ryzen 2700X's complete SR5 tasks in about (EDIT) 1 hour 7 minutes in multithreaded configuration.
    Last edited by vaughan; 06-16-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Update time taken