Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crunchathlon wcg [monthly run - race xxxviii]

MW@H seems to do ok, at least with Ryzen APU while CPU is maxed out on WCG

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    Anyway, the real reason for my post here today, I have an Adreno 512 in active duty and perhaps a few other GPUs on phones laying around. Is it as straight forward as just compiling and setting up the anonymous platform? How does it perform if rocking all eight cores as well?
    The Adreno 512 GPU is found in the Snapdragon 660 SOC, which is further made out of eight Qualcomm® Kryo™ 260 CPU cores, a Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 680 DSP, and a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X12 LTE modem.
    The CPU part is a combination of four semi-custom Cortex-A73 cores (the performance cluster) and four semi-custom Cortex-A53 cores (the efficiency cluster) in a big.LITTLE arrangement.
    If you go to the Google app store you can download boinc for Android and start BOINC-ing of the CPU cores right away (You have to add projects too, of course).
    If you want the 255 GFLOP Adreno 512 GPU to start crunching as well, you need a client that recognizes the OpenCL capable GPU. At present the standard Android and ARM/Linux clients are not able to do that, but here's a guy who got MilkyWay@Home running on a Mali T-628 under ARM/Linux Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    I hate APUs personally (sorry Dirk) but the one I did run seemed to be highly nurfed when running CPU to the max. Was a dual core, 1 CPU 1 Einsten GPU would finish Einstein in like 1h 40m, 2 CPU and 1 Einstein GPU shot that up over 17h. I got it free so figured I would play with it, but outside of the Pent I don't even bother to turn it on. Also today I learned Adreno use to be owned by ATi then AMD, and is a anagram of Radeon.
    It goes without saying that in order to make use of an APU you need the strongest ones of their generation. In short: for Socket FM-1 the A8-series, for Socket FM2/FM2+ the A10-series, FOR sOCKET AM1 the Athlon 5350/5370 and for Bristol Ridge the A12 series. I verified a prime on the AM1 GPU and crunched MilkyWay@Home on my A10, to name a few.

where can you see the results of these crunchathons?

BOINCStats - Team Challenges (from the left menu) - choose the right challenge (here CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE XXXVIII])

Clicking the graph icon at the end of the line of our team score gives you our (BOINCStats) challenge history
    Clicking the last icon gives you the score image

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123