Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCG News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

WCG News

Planned Maintenance on Tuesday, July 10
    We are updating the operating system on our servers on Tuesday, July 10, beginning at 14:00 UTC.

More...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Oh goodie... I hope they're not using windows. I've seen some Windows Server updates doing some pretty annoying stuff at times.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Oh goodie... I hope they're not using windows. I've seen some Windows Server updates doing some pretty annoying stuff at times.
    Me too, but WCG are constantly updating their server OS

How do we get stats for WCG after the European thing they implemented that broke bok's stats?

We can only look on our own pages https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/m...yMemberPage.do
    BOINCStats Willy had a secret way of getting scores that he used for the last challenge. I hope all stats sites can be let in on that secret, or that the whole GDPR thing blows over...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-07-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Agree, this GDPR thing seems to be heavy handed against the Distributed Computing community. I don't understand what Brussels was trying to protect. What did we do to hurt the European Community and why did World Community Grid take such extreme action against us, their volunteers. It has certainly meant I look at other projects before WCG now.

Is it time to boycott WCG?

or at least try to raise awareness in the WCG official forums that hiding those stats is sapping motivation to crunch if you can't show your stats off

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    or at least try to raise awareness in the WCG official forums that hiding those stats is sapping motivation to crunch if you can't show your stats off
    The posting is already at 11 pages...(the main one)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Agree, this GDPR thing seems to be heavy handed against the Distributed Computing community. I don't understand what Brussels was trying to protect. What did we do to hurt the European Community and why did World Community Grid take such extreme action against us, their volunteers. It has certainly meant I look at other projects before WCG now.
    It is solely WCG (read: IBM corporate) that has an interpretation that prohibits stats export to 3rd parties unless they signed something that, despite they had two years time to make it, is not ready to be signed yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast