Thread: everyone seen The AM4 VRM List?

everyone seen The AM4 VRM List?

i'm assuming those interested in OCing has seen the famous Hardwareluxx AM4 VRM List? (and *spit* LGA1151 list x)

i also recently discovered the X399 VRM list...

if i whole-heartedly dive into AM4, i'll probably try for a non-bottom tier VRM in hopes cooler temps will allow the board to last a hell of a long time...

No A320 boards on the list? I take it that my Asrock A320M Pro 4 will have the same VRMs as the AB350M Pro 4.

CPU VCC SoC VCC
    Model Controller Real
    Phases
    Doubler highside
    MOSFET
    lowside
    MOSFET
    Controller Real
    Phases
    Doubler highside
    MOSFET
    lowside
    MOSFET
    BCLK OC Sources
    AB350M Pro4
    ISL95712
    (3+3)
    3x 2
    -
    PZ0903BK or
    SM4337
    PK618BA or
    SM4336
    see CPU VCC
    -
    PZ0903BK or
    SM4337
    2x PK618BA or
    2x SM4336
    No

CPU VCC is the voltage regulation (Voltage Common Controller) for the CPU cores (Vcore)
    SoC VCC is the voltage regulation for the other systems on the CPU, such as the Integrated Video Chip and the DDR4 Memory controller
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-29-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Doppler->Doubler

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Those are some interesting lists, but I'm looking at them and not knowing anything about VRMs I can't see what would be best or not.
    For those like me with limited knowledge (my only thought was the more VRMs the better) is there an easy way to discern which ones are the better ones?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Those are some interesting lists, but I'm looking at them and not knowing anything about VRMs I can't see what would be best or not.
    For those like me with limited knowledge (my only thought was the more VRMs the better) is there an easy way to discern which ones are the better ones?
    Follow this thread, I'd say..

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Buildzoid and the channel(s) he contributes to are one good source. he is really knowledgeable as to whether the controller allows for true doubling or if the board mfg is just putting twice the components/chokes per ACTUAL phase. he's even gotten Gigabyte to back off on some sketchy phase counts on a couple of B450 boards.

(example @ 6:41)

Tweaktown seems to be good at mentioning the mosfets, controllers used. they also take thermals of the boards, which goes a step above Buildzoid's thermal performance calculations

and often Anandtech will at least mention the mosfets and controllers, tho not necessarily performance all the time.
    Last edited by plonk420; 08-01-2018 at 05:57 AM.

GamersNexus/Buildzoid on YouTube may have half decent roundups (that take VRMs into consideration. hard to say if the average "best of the year" that others do consider VRMs unless they say so). here's 2018's

Last edited by plonk420; 01-17-2019 at 10:09 PM.