Thread: Solar Eclipse Challenge

Solar Eclipse Challenge

PrimeGrid's challenge series continues this weekend with a 3-day PPS LLR challenge, which has just started a few hours ago :-
    http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=8136
    Vaughan is already up near the top of the individuals table at position 15 when I last looked, and I've sneaked in at position 183! Anyone else joining in?

Should be following soon

I've added a few more cores this morning (darned race started at 3am my time). Personally I'm running at 8th now and AMD Users team is in 10th position.
    I still have a couple of Dell Optiplex 990s with Sandy Bridge 2600s to add later. One of them (I have 6) died before the race (dead power supply) and another died shortly after the start of the race. Its power supply started to go snap crackle pop and blue flashes came out of the back of the computer. RIP vermilion.
    Last edited by vaughan; 08-11-2018 at 03:34 AM. Reason: typo fixed

Sorry to hear of your misfortune
    "power supply started to go snap crackle pop and blue flashes came out of the back of the computer. RIP vermilion."
    Challenge-wise at least things look great: Vaughan at 7, KarmannGaz at 239 and me at 327...
    Team is at 9 now
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-11-2018 at 12:25 PM.

I am a little late to the party...as usual...but I have 7 cores on the project so hopefully that will help a little bit. I have a new Gaming box that I am going to try to get online this morning so hopefully I can bump up the contribution soon.

Cool, five of us on the leaderboard now! :-)