Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WCG Thor Challenge

Woohoo- a silver badge, well at least I shall have something to show for the Challenge if we don't succeed. We are hanging in there at the moment in 16th place.

i'll spin up some more cores at the expense of my possibly dying board's VRM's life expectancy (83C and climbing)

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    i'll spin up some more cores at the expense of my possibly dying board's VRM's life expectancy (83C and climbing)
    My first ever found heatsink was a drawer handle, glued unto a 8086...

I think we finished in 15th place which means we should get an invite to week 2 of the challenge on the 8th October to 14th October - from there only the top 10 will proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I've signed us up for the THOR Challenge. The winner of the challenge will be the team that accumulates the most run time between Monday, October 8 and Sunday, October 14. All WCG sub-projects allowed.
    We're signed up for round#2

not that it really helped for this contest, but i upgraded the stock fan which was in the 80s celsius down to 54C. got an extra 100mhz or so out of doing so (i didn't feel like spending $36.50 on the Cryorg H7 when it used to be $30, so i looked at ones nearby in price and got the $40 Scythe Ninja 4. huuuuge but nearly as insanely easy to install as a Noctua

before

after

done

Now for a modern case with a 14cm exhaust fan and two/three 14cm top fans, a 14cm bottom fan and three 14cm front fans (and yet another 100MHz?)...

nah. doesn't get looked at much at all, so no real point IMO (as long as that rear fan keeps functioning). i also have another 120mm aimed at empty slots where the rest of a full ATX board's slots would fill

also, just made a video of installing the CPU cooler for grins

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    nah. doesn't get looked at much at all, so no real point IMO (as long as that rear fan keeps functioning). i also have another 120mm aimed at empty slots where the rest of a full ATX board's slots would fill

also, just made a video of installing the CPU cooler for grins

That's one huge cooler, bet it covers an iTX board completely!

We are currently not in the top 10 - keep pushing on Team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast