Thread: 1440p gaming card suggestions?

1440p gaming card suggestions?

Currently I'm running an RX 480 (I believe it's the reference card), and I'm not getting the best performance on the Witcher 3, along with some other demanding games. I'm looking to upgrade come tax refund season. My original plan was a 1070ti or 1080, but I wanted to come to you folks and ask about the vega performance. I will also be using the card for VR (Vive) gaming once I get a place to play again and for BOINC calculations. I've currently got a Ryzen 5 1600 with 212 Evo. Anyone have any Witcher 3 1440p benchmarks or recommended cards? Thanks in advance!

Have you disabled nVidia's HairWorks?

Vega 64 looks like it puts a decent headroom above 60fps...

Guru3D.

1080 isn't bad, either, if you can find it in the low $400s, still. also AMD may have squeezed an extra 4-10% FPS out of it in the year since it came out

ANY Vega will rule over the 1080 at most distributed computing projects, tho ;)

...but i DO like the comfort of the EVGA extendable warranty, however :/

(5 edits later)
    Last edited by plonk420; 11-27-2018 at 09:13 PM.

I was looking at the Vega 56 actually from the EuroGamer benchmarks. Plus, the added benefit as you mentioned plonk that it'll help with my BOINC projects more. And Dirk, I did turn off hairwork, didn't help much.