Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 BOINC Pentathlon

I have had correspondence with walli from PrimeGrid and I found out that he is actually not rebirther. Not what I was told by Dr Caldwall. Anyhow, I apologise to walli but my caution regarding SRBase and whomever is running it (I think its rebirther) but who knows. Ensure you check that project's forum for Private Messages every day you run SRBase tasks, otherwise you may have your prime number finds stolen. The recovery process is time-consuming.

I got us registered but we were too late to vote for the projects, doesn't matter much as we will do whatever is sent.

The marathon event will be the OpenZika project of WCG

Hi, I'm back just in time. PC blew up. Anyhow, fingers crossed I am up to date and ready for the Pentathlon as I really enjoyed last years.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    Hi, I'm back just in time. PC blew up. Anyhow, fingers crossed I am up to date and ready for the Pentathlon as I really enjoyed last years.
    PC blew up? How come? What was the damage?

LOL, it is a turn of phrase, not literally blew up, we had a power surge in a storm. Have yet to get it fixed if it is fixable, it was very unstable prior to the storm so it may have had multiple issues anyway. Cannot find anyone to fix it for me yet. My old old old pc has been running Boinc in the meantime at a rate of about 150 credits a day as you may have noticed.

Last unstable system I had turned out to be caused by dried-out thermal paste....by then I had changed the PSU and tossed Windows.
    In my defense I must state that problems with that system started when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1
    All of a sudden I couldn't crunch with my Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 alongside my EVGA GeForce GT 650 and my Intel HD 4000 IGP anymore, which was possible under Windows 7.
    Under Windows 8.0 it may still have ran, but I am sure that from Windows 8.1 on it was nothing but trouble. As soon as OpenCL started the system crashed. Replaced the PUS: still crashes
    Tossed Windows, and replaced it with Ubuntu: still crashes. I retired the mobo/CPU and ran the HDD on a spare A8-3850 system -EVGA Radeon GT 650 only.
    It was while replacing the stock cooler with a Cooler Master 212 EVO on the Intel Mobo that I discovered the solid thermal paste lump......
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-02-2019 at 10:30 PM.

NFS to be the 2nd (Javelin) event: https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/
    Javelin Throw. This discipline consists of five not necessarily consecutive days.
    Credits are counted for each day separately, and the rankings are based on each team's third best day.
    The Javelin Throw replaces the Swimming event of previous Pentathlons.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-03-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Javelin seems like the event we need to closely work together on, else there will be a lot of wasted cycles that could be better used elsewhere, so what is the plan?

Looks like it would be best practice to suspend crunching a WU when the would-be credit is not counted.
    Nothing is preventing you from crunching new NFS WUs during such days -just don't turn them in.

BTW: Yoyo is the 3rd event (City Run)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast