Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 BOINC Pentathlon

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I've got three pages of pending validation for OpenZika by now.
    same here. Maybe we will jump up the ranks a little once they have all gone through, but maybe all Teams have pages waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    same here. Maybe we will jump up the ranks a little once they have all gone through, but maybe all Teams have pages waiting.
    As long as we have those pages over the coming two weeks there's no reason to doubt our progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    As long as we have those pages over the coming two weeks there's no reason to doubt our progress...
    Marathon: https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...AMD+Users.html
    (click on Javelin Throw or City Run to see those graphs and stats)

So no Javelin throw today, Wish I had noticed that last night and switched project off to let others run. Must pay more attention it seems

My Ryzen 7 1700 became flooded with Yoyo WUs that took too much RAM -it was budget-wise limited to 16GB, that's just 1GB a thread

"If you don't have the required RAM free, BOINC will not download such workunits. And if they are downloaded they are not started if the RAM is not available." from Mr. Yoyo himself, however it's a lie. I had three machines that crashed (one multiple times, even after adding a swap file) because it downloaded ecm units that took as much as 10GB (they were taking 6-8 average). I had to turn off the ecm work feed and then micromanage the boxes over the coarse of a day and a half, only letting 3-10 run at a time depending on system RAM. I could have just kicked them back, but I always try my best to finish the work I've been given is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    "If you don't have the required RAM free, BOINC will not download such workunits. And if they are downloaded they are not started if the RAM is not available." from Mr. Yoyo himself, however it's a lie.
    So true!...
    16 ZIKA WUs is no problem however.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-08-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Oh so that explains that then.
    Also I find that the sieve tasks (for SRBase) take about 30 hours to run on my old Sandy Bridge i7-2600s so I stopped running them.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Oh so that explains that then.
    Also I find that the sieve tasks (for SRBase) take about 30 hours to run on my old Sandy Bridge i7-2600s so I stopped running them.
    It's about time you retire those first generation Socket 1155 CPU's! Mind you, I am still running a i7-3770, just one generation later...

That's quite true Dirk but of the 6 Dells I bought cheaply from a previous employer I only have 3 still running, so 50 percent attrition over 4 years. They run 24/7.
    I wish I could afford to upgrade to a fleet of newer CPUs. Maybe one day.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast