Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 BOINC Pentathlon

i got a couple people to join from the official AMD Discord! one question, tho, do they need to show their computers so that we get points? or is simply joining the team and crunching enough?

Crunching for AMD Users is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    ugh, NFS uses too much RAM

how will my points compare if i run 18 threads (1950X/16c/32t) vs 32 lower RAM units?
    Disable the smt for a while to test it (16 threads with double the ram)

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    i got a couple people to join from the official AMD Discord! one question, tho, do they need to show their computers so that we get points? or is simply joining the team and crunching enough?
    They do not have to show their computers, but they do have to allow data export to statistic sites, part of that EU privacy whatever. WCG and Einstein both support it, and I am pretty sure new accounts do not export by default.

Sprint is LCH, is there any specific app(s) I should focus on? Or at least ones that don't run in a virtual environment that crap errored out 100% last Pentathlon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Progress looks otherwise, we're taking a beating at Javelin Throwing (NFS) and have lost ground at the Marathon (WCG-ZIKA)
    Progress looks like this https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...AMD+Users.html !

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    They do not have to show their computers, but they do have to allow data export to statistic sites, part of that EU privacy whatever. WCG and Einstein both support it, and I am pretty sure new accounts do not export by default.
    any idea what sites they have to allow data export to? do i have to post their id/key/code to some site for them (if they don't want to add it themselves)?

and is this the "weak key" or something?

edit: is it one of these?
    Account Number: xxxxxx
    Cross-Project Id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    External Authorization Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by plonk420; 05-13-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Per project on your account page there *can* be a setting to allow export -to whatever external site.
    Einstein, WCG and LHC for sure have it.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    ...LHC for sure have it.
    That's good to know, as I haven't ran LHC since it was last part of the Pentathlon, I will be sure to adjust my settings.

With the third day coming to a close, are we planning on making a forth throw? I don't want to be the only one wasting cycles if we are not.

Our second throw was such that a fourth is needed, I'm afraid....perhaps even a fifth
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-13-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Our third throw was pretty close to our first, so I will spool for a 4th, if we can land it in the same ball park as our first and third, I feel a fifth would be a total waste of resources better spent on LCH or WCG.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast